some old corps photos

Ooooo....the one ticking??? :sarcasm::worthy:

Thanks Greg!...I loved that line....saw them at the Long Beach show and was really impressed with the bongo stuff!...as for the ticking. Unfortunatly it is next to impossible to get a photo of a snareline where all the stick heights and angles are perfect. I bet the judge didn't catch any of it!...Its just like photos of rifle lines...and I may be biased but the only rifle line photos I have ever seen that were dead on were of the Kingsmen! :)....while I am at it if someone can show me a photo of any snareline where the heights and angles are perfect please post it! ;).....its funny how in "real" time you don't notice this stuff...I bet if looking at this shot in real time you would think "perfection"!!

Edited by KingsmenSnare76

2nd from right?

Its also difficult to determine which are ticking here....I see (from left) snares 2,3,4,7 and 8 with exact right hand heights...but then I see snares (from left) 1, 5 and 6 with exact right hand heights......so who are the real culprits! THATS the question!! LOL

Edited by KingsmenSnare76

Hey....your tick was a slight stick angle....MY ticks were legendary! :sarcasm:

Or were they...Titanic? :worthy:

...Unfortunately it is next to impossible to get a photo of a snareline where all the stick heights and angles are perfect. I bet the judge didn't catch any of it!....while I am at it if someone can show me a photo of any snareline where the heights and angles are perfect please post it! ;).....its funny how in "real" time you don't notice this stuff...I bet if looking at this shot in real time you would think "perfection"!!
That's right Dave, I don't ever remember seeing a column on the sheets for stick angles...LOL. And you're right it's almost impossible to photograph a snare line that has perfect stick angles when frozen in time. Luckily our human brains tend to average out the details so when things are moving they appear "perfect".
Its also difficult to determine which are ticking here....I see (from left) snares 2,3,4,7 and 8 with exact right hand heights...but then I see snares (from left) 1, 5 and 6 with exact right hand heights......so who are the real culprits! THATS the question!! LOL
I agree 100% on this one. There are two slightly different stick angles, five high and three low. The problem is that there are three drummers cut off in this picture. We would need to see their angles in order to determine who was ticking. Personally, I think snares 1,5 & 6 are correct though :sarcasm: .

If only snare lines could match these angles. That would be cool.

74KingsmenWinterGuardRifles.jpg

74 Anaheim Kingsmen Winter Guard.

Edited by SoundmanG

Here are a few shots (1982) of a corps whose official name was The Memphis Blues Brass Band* (A Drum & Bugle Corps). Some great members came out of this corps and went on to Garfield, 2-7, Madison etc. (Sorry theses are not great shots)

mb382.jpg

mb382-2.jpg

mb382-3.jpg

A few more of the "Blues"

mb382-4.jpg

mb382-5.jpg

mb382-6.jpg