some old corps photos

Cheryl Hall followed Ambassadors since 1965, joined Commanders 72-73 as cymbal player and in the spring of 1974 was drum major for Kinsmen. I1974-news1-a.jpg

Cheryl and her brother Lee were both in Commanders with me. I have run into her a few times over the years at different gatherings and contests. I think she might be still involved with the activity in the Simcoe United Alumni corps...

Based on the position of the rifles further back in the line, it looks like this was some sort of sequential thingy going on there.

Yup, my guess is that they're spinning in unison and then doing a sequential toss down (or up) the line, resuming spinning after the catch.

Where're you moving to?

Hi Sam--going to be in LA for a few weeks first, was going to visit old chums in SD for a couple then head up back to the Bay Area by mid March, maybe San Mateo--software development......will contact you when I get there......

Fleabag-

Please educate me here because I am probably wrong. I thought the Des Plaines Vanguard were previously the Chicago Vanguard. I also thought the Skokie Vanguard was an all together different corps. However, from viewing your photos, the bass drum says Skokie and, while not in color, the uniforms look like they could be red and black. Can you, or anyone else, clear this up for me? Thanks!

All one in the same in different eras

Fleabag-

Please educate me here because I am probably wrong. I thought the Des Plaines Vanguard were previously the Chicago Vanguard. I also thought the Skokie Vanguard was an all together different corps. However, from viewing your photos, the bass drum says Skokie and, while not in color, the uniforms look like they could be red and black. Can you, or anyone else, clear this up for me? Thanks!

Yup, same corps, different locations over the years like Cavaliers and Cadets.

http://desplainesvanguard.com/

Check 'em out.