some old corps photos

... a bald contra player.

Did someone call? :worthy:

Anyone know this corps? - early 70's possibly Canadian

349202400_896ea2ebcb.jpg

Photo c/o Mark Lewis

cardinals of precious blood in the stands behind them.

colour scheme, yikes. the crest on the shirts looks like a Lion's Club crest, which makes the coulour scheme make more sense since gold and purple are Lion's Club colours. Still,, not coming up with a name.

John

Edited by sarnia sam

Durham ... Dunhan ... who cares ... what I love about this pic (aside from from the short shorts or skirts) is the innocense of the momemt ... busses on the side ... low grandstand of faithful fans (also off to the side) ... equipment truck door open with quartermasters looking on ... competitors looking on ... houses in the background ... man ... those were the days ... and those days were well after my days ... BRAVO!!!!

:-)

I'm wondering if most of those photos were taken in Port Dover? There was a great parade there followed by a contest years during the long Canada Day weekend. Cru was a frequent visitor to this parade and contest.

cardinals of precious blood in the stands behind them.

colour scheme, yikes. the crest on the shirts looks like a Lion's Club crest, which makes the coulour scheme make more sense since gold and purple are Lion's Club colours. Still,, not coming up with a name.

John

the crest is actually the Kinsmen Club crest,, which, had the same colours as the Lions club..

Lions were predominately yellow with purple,, Kinsmen opposite...

by the looks of the field,,these weren't from Port dover,,,, they had a 'fantastic' baseball diamond for the show,, which btw, was never centered on ANYTHING,,LOL... and remember,,, no one knew what a hash mark was, let alone what to do with one ... if I recall, all that was put down was boundaries,,, and maybe a center line,,, (which ran just south of the pitchers mound,, which, at some shows,, remained a mound...

Guelph Royalaires often attended,, St Johns Girls, Durham Girls were regulars as well..

the crest is actually the Kinsmen Club crest,, which, had the same colours as the Lions club..

Lions were predominately yellow with purple,, Kinsmen opposite...

by the looks of the field,,these weren't from Port dover,,,, they had a 'fantastic' baseball diamond for the show,, which btw, was never centered on ANYTHING,,LOL... and remember,,, no one knew what a hash mark was, let alone what to do with one ... if I recall, all that was put down was boundaries,,, and maybe a center line,,, (which ran just south of the pitchers mound,, which, at some shows,, remained a mound...

Guelph Royalaires often attended,, St Johns Girls, Durham Girls were regulars as well..

I agree with you, sure looks like the Kinsmen Club crest. I'm wondering if that's Birchmount Stadium? Here's a list of corps from the Greater Toronto Area from the spring 1974 edition of 'Toronto Corps Life' newsletter. I've also listed the corps uniform colours in 1974, from what I remember and what's stated in the newsletter. Hope this helps.

De La Salle Oaklands, Toronto (green, red, cream)

East Scarborough Kinsmen (purple, gold)

Etobicoke Crusaders (red, white,black)

Optimist Cadets (green, black)

Optimist Lancers, Etobicoke (orange, white, green)

Seneca Knights, North York (red, blue, white)

Seneca Princemen, North York (red, black, white)

The Cardinals, Scarborough (red, white, gold)

Toronto Optimists (green, black, white)

A few excerpts about East Scarborough Kinsmen 1974; they wore purple and gold, repertoire was 'Crown Imperial March', 'Land of Hope and Glory', 'If I were a Rich Man', 'Fiddler on the Roof', 'Sunrise, Sunset'. Cheryl Hall followed Ambassadors since 1965, joined Commanders 72-73 as cymbal player and in the spring of 1974 was drum major for Kinsmen. I posted the cover of the newsletter before, hope you don't mind if I post it again :-) If I recall Peterborough Krescendos were also sponsored by the Kinsmen Club.

1974-news1-a.jpg

Flying Dutchmen

dutchmen70s.jpg

photo c/o Mark Lewis

Wow, that one hurts to look at... :worthy: