some old corps photos

Richard Bruton, who I marched with in the Cardinals, Optimists and Cavaliers, sent me the 4th Brigade link a while ago. I NEVER remembered seeing them in the white and green unifoms only the orange ones. I loved their closer in 73 and I'm sure they played it in again in 74.

I was just saying to Mike Game (i.e. Cardinals/Del/Oakland Crusaders/Madison) that both Opti-Knights and 4th Brigade were really good in 73. We traded spots with them all year until pulling away just before Nationals.

Cool info, thanks. I spent time this morning looking at our 1973 Nationals program. It has 27 different corps photos, 5 pages of scores from 22 contests north of the border and lists 6 championship contests south of the border. While Optimists, Del and Cadets La Salle were having close competitions in 73; our corps, Opti-Knights, 4th Brigade and Etobicoke Crusaders were also close in scores and it seems, we had to work to keep ahead of St. John's girls. Also, according to the program, lots of corps were founded in 1972.

During a short visit east in 2009, I found drum corps memorabilia I forgot I had including our newsletters, the K-9 Capers and Seneca Papers. We were founded in 1961 and were supposed to close our doors early 1971. We kept going until late 1975. The guard was busy all winter, either rehearsing or at winter guard contests. In April 1972, I was assigned the DM role. My first reaction was "good golly, I'm a guard girl and I'm only 16!" It took me a year or 2 to settle into my summer role.

Even though I didn't work with our drum line alot during the winters of 72, 73, 74, I want to let you know the drum line were my strength during summer contests. Kudos to you, Jeff, for taking the biggest bass drum or the biggest timpani. Thanks for being there. ps, can't post photos until I fix my account which went wonky on June 1, 2010; talk to ya later :-)

Richard Bruton, who I marched with in the Cardinals, Optimists and Cavaliers....

Boy he was busy, marching in all those corps along with his busy acting career and being married to Elizabeth Tayl....oops!...never mind!!

:tongue:

77-a-paris2.jpg

I took this photo of Mel in Paris France 1977 taking a break, first sunny day we had in 10

Melanie, drum corps guard captain 73-77, winter guard instructor & board director 81-84.

Edited by lindap

My first reaction was "good golly, I'm a guard girl and I'm only 16!" It took me a year or 2 to settle into my summer role.

You always seemed like a natural DM to me. At the time, I had no idea you were that young.

Garfield 81. Drum solo, "Egyptian Danza," one of the best of the decade. Once again, great drill, CONTRAS.

Untitled-Scanned-29.jpg

Yes, that was a really cool solo-loved the melody-made a lot of musical sense.

1975 Oakland Crusaders

75-oc-facebook-ecdc.jpg

...from Etobicoke Crusaders FB. Super Snare Sue on the right, my friend from long ago.

One of many from drum corps history; ECDC, Del, Optis, Firefighters, Cardinals and more corps.

There's lots of people that don't post on DCP. No worries, they remember their drum corps days with a smile.

Chin strap being worn in the "Skyliner" position.

1982 program scan, CMCC

1982-cmcc-a.jpg

Edited by HornsUp

1982 program scan, 27th Lancers

1982-27th-1-a.jpg

At the end of the historic, landmark 'Niner-Two.'