some old corps photos

1975 Oakland Crusaders

75-oc-facebook-ecdc.jpg

Thanks for posting this photo, Linda! It's one I haven't seen before. All these pages later, it's cool that that's still happening in this amazing thread! :shutup:

Thanks for posting this photo, Linda! It's one I haven't seen before. All these pages later, it's cool that that's still happening in this amazing thread! :shutup:

Yes very cool and 35 years ago! Time flew by, zoom! Dave Morton far left snare? he marched with Princemen. His sister and I marched with Firefighters 69-71ish. I recognize Doug Bass, 4th snare from the left, who marched with Optis. 2nd. bass from the right might be Sue’s sister Joan, both originally from Etobicoke. I moved to K-W September 1974, worked with Ventures guard, moved back to T.O. May 1975 and poof a new drum corps appeared. Tony Cap. was with the visual staff for Oakland Crusaders and Seneca Princemen summer of 75. I wasn’t going to march but did anyway. Dawn Canning was co-DM with me in 1975. In 1976, she was co-DM for Seneca Optimists. I marched flag spare with O.C. summer of 76 and toured with Dutchboy Cadets as part of the visual staff. Hectic schedule but good times.

edit: also in the snare line are Kevin, Dwayne and Terry :-) 3rd from the left, um, he played triples in Optis, can't remember his name...sarnia sam could ya please come to my rescue; i'm a guard girl but I sure did like my drumlines ;-)

Edited by lindap

Here you go. I'm playing tymp. That picture is at the end of the opener. You can figure out when the horn rise hits.

Not any big deal.... but....the very first Blue Star photo is not from the 70's. It's 1969, the beginning of the Odd Couple. One snare played a 4 count standard 'ride' on the big cymbals and another played a pattern on snare and triple drum and then the song started. The lone snare is me and I played something at the start. Another one of those 'big' 3 man snare lines. Good photo sequence someone put together.

Edited by flamparadiddlediddle

help

back on the World Class page there is a thread about 'best uniform ever'

Can someone please link those 2 classic Belleville (parade rest & mark time) photos in?

THX

PS - add more - these newbies need a clue...

Yes, O' enlightened ones!

Show us things from the past that will blow our minds.

Yes, O' enlightened ones!

Show us things from the past that will blow our minds.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...t&p=2806205

When they went to attention and horns up, you could hear their uniforms speak loudly and they also had a good hornline ;-) http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3006...3680&ref=pf

Edited by lindap

Yes very cool and 35 years ago! Time flew by, zoom! Dave Morton far left snare? he marched with Princemen. His sister and I marched with Firefighters 69-71ish. I recognize Doug Bass, 4th snare from the left, who marched with Optis. 2nd. bass from the right might be Sue’s sister Joan, both originally from Etobicoke. I moved to K-W September 1974, worked with Ventures guard, moved back to T.O. May 1975 and poof a new drum corps appeared. Tony Cap. was with the visual staff for Oakland Crusaders and Seneca Princemen summer of 75. I wasn’t going to march but did anyway. Dawn Canning was co-DM with me in 1975. In 1976, she was co-DM for Seneca Optimists. I marched flag spare with O.C. summer of 76 and toured with Dutchboy Cadets as part of the visual staff. Hectic schedule but good times.

edit: also in the snare line are Kevin, Dwayne and Terry :-) 3rd from the left, um, he played triples in Optis, can't remember his name...sarnia sam could ya please come to my rescue; i'm a guard girl but I sure did like my drumlines ;-)

That's Bob Cook you're thinking of (snare in Optimists and Del), third one in next to Doug. Wayne Saunders is the missing name you haven't mentioned, he's the left book end. Dave Morton is between him and Bob. That's Joan on # 2 bass. Mark Blandford on #1, Dave Savoie is #4, Dwayne Dumont #5. Can't remember who was #3 in 75.

regards,

John

That's Bob Cook you're thinking of (snare in Optimists and Del), third one in next to Doug. Wayne Saunders is the missing name you haven't mentioned, he's the left book end. Dave Morton is between him and Bob. That's Joan on # 2 bass. Mark Blandford on #1, Dave Savoie is #4, Dwayne Dumont #5. Can't remember who was #3 in 75.

regards,

John

Thanks John. Please say hi for me. I'd met most of the Oakland Crusaders 75 and 76 drumline or knew of them through Sue. She moved west before I did and taught Alberta All Girls drumline for a few years. The girls liked her. Sue and I would talk fondly of the drum corps folks in Ontario. It was good to see Sue and Val on FB. I was co-DM for the girls 77-79. Here's Linda R. conducting the Alberta All Girls during World Cup 1974, about 60 horns. We had silver buttons on our tunics. When we called 'horns down' there was simultaneous Click! sound. The 1977 AAG drumline was awesome as was your drumline in 1977. Kudos to you, sincerely, Linda P.

AlbertaGirls6.jpg

help

back on the World Class page there is a thread about 'best uniform ever'

Can someone please link those 2 classic Belleville (parade rest & mark time) photos in?

THX

PS - add more - these newbies need a clue...

There's an incredible photo of them that either Cheryl Miller or Joel Alleyne had. Sadly, since sitting there and drooling over it back in 1978, I haven't been able to track it down anywhere. It was a staged shot of the corps in a courtyard, arranged, as I recall, in a square or rectangle, all at parade rest. I just couldn't get enough of that black-and-cream cadet-style uniform with the asymmetrical opposite-colored sleeve, gauntlets and the metal helmet with the horsehair plume. It was just the all-time perfect uniform!

Not any big deal.... but....the very first Blue Star photo is not from the 70's. It's 1969, the beginning of the Odd Couple. One snare played a 4 count standard 'ride' on the big cymbals and another played a pattern on snare and triple drum and then the song started. The lone snare is me and I played something at the start. Another one of those 'big' 3 man snare lines. Good photo sequence someone put together.

I remember when 3 snares was the norm and 5 was a huge line :-) all I have is the same photo as on page 2 of this thread.

1971 program, Blue Stars.

71-bluestars3-a.jpg