some old corps photos

DeLasalleTorontoONfromtheMay1965issueofDCJfromDuaneC.jpg

This may be from 1965. Del also had red capes that they wore during indoor ice rink shows and parades. They got new uniforms a few years later. We got a new national flag starting in 67. In this photo, it looks like their drill was made for the 55 yard line lol. I best get back to the research department and get that history you wanted for corpsreps.com :wink:

I found this photo on De La Salle Oaklands website. It looks like a show at Lakeshore Boulevard or at a Toronto race track ... um a race track with horses; ttyl :smile:

65-del-drums.jpg

Eat 'em up Boston !!! can always be heard at any contest just before the corps performs.

And this still can be heard before every BAC show today.... thumbup.gif

• Like 1

Guess who?

Gail.jpg

Is this in the correct DCP thread? LOL

Is that Foxy in that pic? A shame he passed shortly after joining the board.

That is Foxy, but it was the guy to the right Jim Piscitello who passed away shortly after joining DCP.

Is this in the correct DCP thread? LOL

Of course it is ... Drum Corps Piccolo OK I know it's not a piccolo but a flute but I take my punch lines where I can find them

It's definately not the Royalaires. I instructed them and they wore blue unis. It's interesting that they are mentioned here though. It was a very short lived corps. I think just one season. They were very small but were a crowd pleaser. We got great crowd reaction from the duet with the little kid playing sitting on the big kids knee and the Dudley Doright drum solo. We made finals at key to the sea that year.

RoyalairesFlintMI.jpg

I believe the tall guy on the soprano is me! Only, I marched in the Flint Royalaires in 1982, not 1983.

Matt Hudson

formerly of Flint/Flushing, Michigan

(discovered on page 949, from a discussion starting on page 945, post 9442, over four years ago)

Edited by Matt Hudson