some old corps photos

After scanning these slides, it was the first time I had ever seen all of them since 1974. One box was still unopened.

I too was a little surprised to see these photos taken at a diagonal and wondered what was I thinking. I probably thought it would be cool.

I was wondering if you maybe did the diagonal since it is a square format camera (126 cartridge camera if I recall) and that would give you a bit more width? That old hypotenuse of the triangle thing.

Great photos regardless! I never saw and don't recall the Regiment Militaire at all. Thanks for posting!

I was wondering if you maybe did the diagonal since it is a square format camera (126 cartridge camera if I recall) and that would give you a bit more width? That old hypotenuse of the triangle thing.

Great photos regardless! I never saw and don't recall the Regiment Militaire at all. Thanks for posting!

I do believe you are right. I was trying to get the whole corps in the shot.

Regiment Militaire 1974

regimentmilitare1974a.jpg

Argonne Rebels 1974

IMG_0014-1.jpg

Argonne had a great run in the late 60's and early 70's but 1974 was the beginning of a great decline for the next ten years. The son of one of our corps founders left our corps and marched with Argonne in 1972 and 1973 and played contrabass.

1968 - 10

1969 - 12

1970 - 8

1971 - 6

1972 - 5

1973 - 11

1974 - 33

Edited by baja

One of my all-time fav corps. Someone should have smacked that head out of the way.

Saw Argonne at the NT Open too and thought they were rather good so 33rd place was pretty low for them.

Ithaca, NY 1974 Prelims - Argonne Rebels 33rd

IMG_0015-1.jpg

Troopers perform for Nato guests from the 23 Apr 1969 DCN. From Duane C.

TroopersperformforNatoguestsfromthe23Apr1969DCNfromDuaneC.jpg

Marion Cadets from the 16 Aug 1972 DCN. From Duane C.

MarionCadetsCGnewunisfromthe16Aug1972DCNfromDuaneC.jpg

remember them from a show in Belfountaine, OH. It was our first trip to US Open. We hung out with the Buckeyes that year too. Beverly Cardinals and Mello Dears were at that show. Forgot who else was there.

Marion Cadets from the 16 Aug 1972 DCN. From Duane C.

MarionCadetsCGnewunisfromthe16Aug1972DCNfromDuaneC.jpg