some old corps photos

Prelim judges 1982

montrealjudges.JPG

No problem. I'm happy to help out! Is there too much red in that first "enhanced" photo? If so, I can drop it down a notch or two and repost.

I think the way you did it is pretty close to the original print, byline.

AAG 'B' 1975. We picked up 2 trophies at the Vancouver PNE parade, then did a show at the PNE grounds. This pic is when we were playing '2001 A Space Odyssey.'

1975PNEVancouverBC.jpg

wow Dale...funny...check out the guy behind the judges with the cig hanging out of his mouth.Wont see much of that now...lol :blink:

I know what you mean. On the right is a motor home. I wonder if that is Roman's? Everythime I ever saw him he had one.

Also, the female photographer. Is that Jane Boulan? Ed Ferguson said she was a great photographer but I never met her.

Alberta All Girls at the rodeo 1974. This may be the Senior corps but most likely the Junior corps based on the DM and guard. From 1974-1977 both corps had the same uniform. It's hard to tell the difference from a distance :smile:

aag-74-rodeo1.jpg

I always hated playing these kinds of venues, but they were important I think in keeping your corps out there. Who's the person in the Kingsmen jacket?

Hi Jay B :smile: Alberta All Girls at the rodeo 1975 thanks to DLMillard. 1975 was the first year both AAG A and B wore leather boots. The person in the Kingsmen jacket might be Ron Cain. Ron and Linda R in the stands with AAG B DM.

273-resized-1975-b.jpg

AAG 'B' 1975. We picked up 2 trophies at the Vancouver PNE parade, then did a show at the PNE grounds. This pic is when we were playing '2001 A Space Odyssey.'

1975PNEVancouverBC.jpg

I like how the trophies are covered in plastic due to rain I suppose;) Remember when we'd add baby powder to our shakos and comb them; lol. I listened to our 2006 CD, there're no recordings of AAG 'B' 1975? Wow, thanks for filling in pieces of our history. Janice B. mentioned the PNE parade, you confirmed it! If you didn't get the photo CD in 2006, here's AAG 'B' 1975 :D AAG 'A' 1975 had a trip east which didn't go as well as AAG 'B' 1975 trip west.

673-1975-b.jpg

I know what you mean. On the right is a motor home. I wonder if that is Roman's? Everythime I ever saw him he had one.

Also, the female photographer. Is that Jane Boulan? Ed Ferguson said she was a great photographer but I never met her.

Jane Boulan captured special momemts as did Ed Ferguson. Is that Dan S. ducking :)

Thanks for the pics of '75 Linda, yes it had rained on and off during the parade and that performance if I recall correctly. Our DM was Kim B. That's true Ron Cain was there, Sam Kays and Ralph Hardimon were our percussion instructors. Our tour didn't start off so well though...ask anyone if they remember Olds, Alberta that weekend in June? :shutup:

I may have had one recording of a show in 1975, if so it's long gone and I don't know of anyone who has one. Now I got the music cd's in 2006 but didn't know there was a picture cd or I would have made sure to get that too. Do you know where that parade pic was taken? We did so many parades that summer in little towns, but it seems that with us going West and the A's going East we had the country covered that summer! lol