some old corps photos

For those who may be interested the following link to the Defenders Alumni site has the 1974 DCI prelims recap.

http://defendersalumni.org/recaps/1974DCIprelimsrecap.pdf

Holy Crap, SCV was 11th in M&M on the #1 side. No wonder they were 3rd. Over 2 points from Madison in 1 caption.

Edited by DPEmerald

Holy Crap, SCV was 11th in M&M on the #1 side. No wonder they were 3rd. Over 2 points from Madison in 1 caption.

I saw that too. The #2 M&M had them in 2nd. But check out the Muchachos M&M score 21st by both judges. Looking down the sheet, the vast differences from one judge to the other made drum corps exciting because on any given day any corps could win.

In the spirit of excitement here's the Bottle Dance. Oh my gawd I can hear the music in my head and the crowd went wild!!

sc1974e-2.jpg

Edited by baja
  • Like 1

I know some time back someone was asking about the picture that showed the Kingsmen rifle line in unison. I'm pretty sure they were talking about this one (I think I have a better version somewhere; I found this in a video on 'that' site)...gotta luv them Kingsmen rifles!!! :worthy:

Kingsmenrifles.png

Awesome! :thumbup:

I've been taking time to go through all the pages of this thread, (maybe half way through so far) it's amazing and as someone mentioned this IS the history of drum corp., right here. Excellent pictures and comments, thank you everyone. :worthy:

I have a couple more from my days with AAG, this one is from a standstill show at Fairmont Hot Springs in British Columbia Canada - 1976

(again, my apologies for the quality.)

1976FairmontBC3-1-1.jpg

I played around with the color on this one and reduced the yellow:

1976FairmontBC3-1-1.jpg

Thank you byline, looks great. I've tried with the programs I have and just can't do the job you do! And uh...Happy birthday to you as well. :thumbup:

The Blue Stars have completely changed my perspective on drum corps! :blink:

The '74 Blue Stars, shredding the stands with "Tiger Rag" tended to knock many off-balance. :thumbup:

The entire show was a blow-you-off-your-feet-fest.

Something about that season, still my most favorite year of recordings.

• Like 1

wow and I recognize some names ... Alberta All Girls happened to be in the neighbourhood in 74 and sat in the stands. Debbie G. bought her Anaheim Kingsmen T shirt in Ithaca in 74 and wore it in 2007 while sitting in the stands. May I ask the good people of the Defenders to make a slight change? I’ve been compiling the history of Seneca Princemen, almost done but we didn’t go to Ithaca in 74. Please change line 34 to Toronto Optimists please :smile: thank you.

I do, however, agree with the consensus that this is the best thread ever!!!

• Like 1