• Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Bluecoats
    • Glassmen
    • Crossmen
    • Spirit Of JSU
    • Other

Cadets. They for sure with the parking lot contest for loudest.. although BD is close. I saw them in philly, and they knocked my socks off.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Devils this summer pulled off something that astounded me.

(disclaimer - was in a dome, though)

Was watching their show through Ragtime, and was thinking to myself that they just weren't as loud as they used to be. Rhythm Medley really wasn't doing anything to make me change my mind until the big reentry after the soloist. (Where the drums start playing upbeats.)

That little section, without a doubt, was the loudest segment I've ever heard any single marching unit play. Period. It was so loud all I could feel was the pounding drums and all I could hear was the distortion of sound in my ears. Until I listened to the CD's in August, I had no clue as to *what* they were playing in that part. Simply incredible - so loud that all you could do was feel it.

Mike

The part where the drums started playing upbeats and the hornline was just cranking was at the very end of I Got Rhythm. The Park and Jam, or as we called it, the "Boom-chak-a-lak-a-lak-a" section. We loved rehearsing and performing that part of the show. It was so much fun. Playing loud and powerful was definitely a priority in 2002. Man, that show was incredible to perform. Thanks to you guys who thought we were the loudest hornline on the field.

Later,

L2

(fixed quote tag - mike)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PRchickensalad

wow i see alot of votes for phantom too......i never knew how loud we were to actually heard the pbs broadcast and during our "monster mash" section...i was like holy jeez.....that's loud as ####.........thanks to our brass staff who made us realize that it can always be louder and sound good at the same time........BAM!!!!!....that's all i can say ;)

that's loud as ####.........thanks to our brass staff who made us realize that it can always be louder and sound good at the same time

Hope that continues in 2003 with the Bbs!

• 2 weeks later...

What just cause Scouts didn't make finals they aren't even worth talking about anymore? No matter what your opinion Madison was up there in volume, no bones about it. Much respect to BD too, hornline was inmpressive standing out on the street behind the stadium. Peace, Joe Kool

What just cause Scouts didn't make finals they aren't even worth talking about anymore? No matter what your opinion Madison was up there in volume, no bones about it. Much respect to BD too, hornline was inmpressive standing out on the street behind the stadium. Peace, Joe Kool

Alright now lets not get our feelings hurt. Dude, if you think that the Scouts were the loudest div. one hornline then by all means vote for other and then reply that you voted for the Scouts. When I made this poll I went in order of finish @ the World Championships. So, since Scouts didn't make finals and I could only post so many corps, the Scouts feel under other. I love the Scouts...I wish they would have placed higher, but they didn't. Sorry to you and whom ever else may have been offended by this poll because the Scouts or other corps besides those listed did not get listed.