• Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Bluecoats
    • Glassmen
    • Crossmen
    • Spirit Of JSU
    • Other

What about the Madison Scouts............................

they didnt make finals but that doesn't mean that they are not loud.

they do, as Mr. Rondinaro out it, blow the corks right out of the spit valves! :angry:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What about the Madison Scouts............................"

Are we talking about the same Madison Scouts? this year? That is one of the only negative comments i had about them this year. They weren't loud at all. We heard them at several DCM shows with PR following them and PR blew them out of the water as far as sheer sound. Maybe any year but last year.

~Rusty

You are obviously biased towards other corps besides Cavaliers and/or have no u obviously have a right to your opinion, and for what it’s worth, here is mine.

To restate my comment over the summer, I felt that this years version of the Cavalier hornline was the best they have ever had. This coming from a guy who marched in the "lean” years including the 1977 hornline that tied for first in execution (back when there was an execution caption), second in total horns but 7th overall.

cavies came in 5th in brass in 1977 not 2nd..

sorry..

BAM!!!!!....that's all i can say ;)

That has to be Pete Bond comment....no telling how many times I heard that in my 3 years of marching there....

very true though, that brass staff we have there always finds a way to pull it out of us and get us playing incredible...very lucky to have marched there, learned so much from that staff...best in the bidness B)

I think Troopers had the loudest hornline if you divide total power by total members.

thanks to our brass staff who made us realize that it can always be louder and sound good at the same time........

The Regiment can thank Dan Farrell for over the years he has inspired this horn line.

I remember Farrell facing the baritone section toward a brick wall and having us play pedal notes at FFF until we were about ready to faint...and then tracking us. That's how you get loud. B)

Michael Oldemeyer

[i remember Farrell facing the baritone section toward a brick wall and having us play pedal notes at FFF until we were about ready to faint...and then tracking us. That's how you get loud. B)

Michael Oldemeyer

I can remember it now....we break from horn arc into sectionals....

"Mellos, under that tree....sops...over there by that building........"

Here comes Dan...

"Baritones, its a lovely day for a stroll dontcha think?"

thus the tracking and playing big momma commenced......