PROPOSAL #10: Participation of D2/3 in D1 prelims

Participation of D2/3 in D1 prelims  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Participation of D2/3 in D1 prelims

• Yes
    • No
    • Abstain

Title of Proposed Change: No Division II/III Corps Allowed to Compete in Division I Prelims, Quarter-finals, Semi-finals, or Finals.

Description: For the winter season and summer seasons, the Division II/III corps should not be allowed to compete in Division I Championship week competition. This includes; Prelims, Quarter-finals, Semi-Finals, and Finals. Division II/III corps have their own Championship. If Division II/III corps want compete with Division I corps, they should petition at the end of the season to compete as a Regional Division I corps.

Purpose/Rationale: This allows for Division I corps to compete with each other during Championships, without Division II/III corps vying for those spots. Division II/III corps have their own Championship, and it isn't fair for them to compete and possibly take a potential performance away from a Division I corps, who hasnt had that chance to perform. These reasons are the same as they are in the real DCI. We no longer allow Division II/III to compete after their own Championship. Each Division has it's own, and that makes it fair for all corps.

Tennessee Nipples Inc. - No

Roselle Park Conquistadors - yes

Kosmos/Kadence: Yes

Velour Knights - Yes