Who was your greatest drum corps love?

In all your years of corps, who stole your heart?

Mine.........back in 1981 I had just gotten out of the Army and ended up marching this little drum corps in NY. I met this girl who I talked into marching. The following week we went to Ithaca for DCE and we were the first corps on and after I carried a full cooler to the top box to watch the rest of the show with the staff.

This girl who I met sat almost next to me and I said to her (after a few beers), "do you have a boyfriend?" She said, "No." I then remembered a line from some movie and continued, "would you like one?" About 30 minutes later, she came back to me and said, "yes."

For the next 8 weeks I was in heaven. Unfortunately she had to move to Florida. I saw her one weekend at the corps banquet and then saw her 9 years later at her Grandfathers funeral. She became a model in Greece (the country) and was even more beautiful then the last time I saw her.

Of course there were other short term girlfriends but she was THE ONE until last year. My wife is my "bestest" friend in the entire universe!

Your turn..........

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! I see THIS thread getting alot of people in a whole lot of trouble!! ^0^ j/k

As for me-my reply will have to remain a closely gaurded secret! :angry:

For me, it's either the one and only fellow I ever went out with while in corps, or the fellow (who marched in another corps) I had this prolonged crush on. Guess I'll have to go with the real deal, since crushes don't really count. Couldn't have convinced me of that back then, though. . . . B)

Gotta agree with you though, Keith. My husband is my best friend, and really is the true love of my life . . . in so many ways.

In 1985, I had a crush that sort of turned into a dating thing in the real world that unfortunately fizzled on a guard member with VK. She was ABSOLUTELY gorgeous.

No more relationships with anyone in corps--although there is a certain guard instructor with the Troopers I had a nice time with on a bus ride back to our housing after free night in Madison in 1987. Heee heeee... sorry. Where was I???

Oh yeah...happily married, 2 kids, my wife is my best friend and "tolerant" of drum corps. Doesn't completely understand the lunacy, but appreciates it.

I guess I can say I am a very lucky and blessed lady. Not only do I have the greatest drum corps love right now, but he is also a 27th Lancer, who is just as infatuated about the corps, still, as I am!

My husband Roger...We even got married on September 27th...he is my greatest drum corps love! I am the lucky one....and (so is he)..we can go to shows together and as he says..."we understand the language of dut"...... :) . :angry::angry::wub::lol::wub::lol::beer:

...we can go to shows together and as he says..."we understand the language of dut"...... :) . :angry:  :angry:  :wub:  :lol:  :wub:  :lol:  :beer:

YOU understand the language of "dut", how could you? You were both horn players!!!

The language of "DUT" is only for drummers!!! B) j/k

Her name was Barbara. She was my first true love. She marched as an Anaheim Kingsmen Rifle. Sadly, I recently found out she was killed in a car wreck back in the late 70s.

My other love was Jacquie. Page 380, Drum Corps History, Vol. I. Left hand side, the saber on the left. Redheaded and spun cutlery. I musta been out of my mind!

I married her.....and divorced her....and got back together with her and separated again....all within the space of 2 1/2 years. Hadn't seen nor heard from her for around 30 years and now we are the best of friends....again.

Re: Barbara. I heard of her passing thru xkingsmen.com and when I asked for details I got an email from another old Kingsmen. Oddly, when I read his name I remembered that he was the guy I aced out for her affection, and I hadn't heard his name since 67.

Been 3 decades since my last "drum corps love". All the rest were "civilians."

Working on finding a new one.

Anybody want an xkingsmen? One who surfs over 325 mornings a year?

RON HOUSLEY

I stated this before but mine was Marica Patrick. She wasn't a first love but, man did I have a thing for her. She was a rifle in 27. My wife still doesn't understand my thing for plaid and I can't tell her. You should have seen the look when I asked her to spin a rifle in the bedroom.....only joking.

Marcia marched 27 in 84 and Defenders for a couple of years after that. Since she lived in Boston (Brockton) and I'm in Wilmington Delaware I haven't seen her since.