The loudest hornline you have ever heard

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see...

1975 Madison Scouts

1980 Spirit

Suncoast Sound had some incredibly talented loud horn lines....

I can't think of anymore right now.. :)

Oh and uh 1994 27th Lancers alumni..

Edited by Lancerlady

What she said B)

ditto

there are lots...but one stands out, cause it was such a cool moment...during the Blue Devils victory exhibition at DCI East in 1999, Allentown, PA. I got to sit on the track in front of the contra line, they were like 5 feet in front of me...it was pretty F'n loud... fun memory :)

How about this...1990 All Star Drum & Bugle Corps at the Fiesta Bowl.

:laugh:

I will definitely agree with this one! I figured this wouldn't count..I was also a member of this contingent. 240 HORNS !!! (and 39 Contras)

Playing Auld Lang Syne after the standstill in front of the Star of Indiana trailer with Jim Mason conducting was the loudest thing I can ever remember. He wanted to make sure that Pepe Nataro heard us...(RIP old friend)

A former Cavie baritone who marched along side of me in the parade and the standstill couldn't believe how loud us 'old farts' could crank.

Reports were that Rick South from SCV had hearing damage after running the line thru the 'tuning sequence' in the Fiesta Bowl parking lot. We got rained out from the gig at Sun Devil Stadium, and did an impromptu gig in the parking lot for those that hung out to see us.

Between that and the bus trip, a most memorable occasion.

Pat

"Blastissimo Bugles":

This one my pretties, is a little "Difficult" to answer. Over the years there have been MANY very LOUD hornlines. A few that come to mind are:

1960s: The Connecticut Hurricanes and New York Skyliners were always LOUD. In junior corps the Joe Genero taught hornline of the Bridgeport St Raphales Buccaneers put out an incredibly LOUD sound, and all they had was 39.

1970s: Hawthorne Caballeros get the "Win" for "Loud" in this era, with hornlines that at time exceeded 65 members. The 1975 Madison Scouts wer "Loudest" of the juniors in this era. The Hawthorne Muchachos and late 70s Spirt of Atlanta were no slouches in the "Volume" department either.

1980s: The early part of the decade had a few really "Loud" seniors, among them the Hurricanes, Caballeros and Skyliners. The 1988 Madison Scouts lead the 1989 Phantom Regiment in the "Sound Meter" department but not by much.

1990s: The 1992 Blue Devils and the mid decade brass lines of the Madison Scouts in a "Dead Heat" for the juniors, and the 1995-96 Hawthorne Caballeros in the senior ranks.

As far as the "Century 21" blast meters go, we vote for the Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni corps from the season just past.

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01