Who was the Funniest person in your corps?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave Brunken--VK 85 and 86 soprano player. Bar none. His only Achille's heel?

He hated going over bridges. He'd have us rolling on the bus, being the stand up comedian, and the minute we got to a bridge, he'd go into fetal position in the back seat of the bus. Then he'd pop right back up...

Very funny guy.

Dennis Gallagher!

One of our contras in 1979-1981 (I think).

We were rehearsing at a football field in Salem, Mass. one hot, sunny day.

All of a sudden, the sprinklers came on. Unexpectedly.

Dennis put down his contra, ran to the center sprinkler screaming...

"I GOT IT!!!, (a la "RAMBO")

and then dove on the sprinkler, as if it was a bomb, or hand grenade!!! :P

He was CONSTANTLY joking around, and making all of us laugh!

Dennis made those long, and uncomfortable bus rides seem much shorter,

and more pleasurable, by keeping us in hysterics!!! b**bs

Edited by overthehillDM

For me it was the poor rookies that had the bad bus jobs.

Garbage Boy and Bug Boy.

Yell out GARBiiiiiit__ Boy and he has to go get the garbage and throw back an insult at you.

Bug boy.. well he killed the bugs. In 99 Bug Boy actualy caught the bugs and put them in a little cage he had hung up.

Staffers.... Eric "Oh Bloody ####" Miller who said the greatest line ever.... "Guys skip the Gold Bond and go with Shower to Shower, it make your gentalia smell like roses in the fresh morning dew."

Edited by bssop97

Tarheel Sun 2000 - not to sound egotistical, but that was pretymuch my thing on the bus. Which is weird as I was "that quiet guy in the back" for the first week of tour. Even weirder was my propensity to make these comments while half asleep on the bus.... or hold conversations in my sleep in New Mexico :P

Spirit 2001 through 2003 - no doubt about it for me, it HAD to be Dave Nichols. The guy just knew how to make light of any situation, and believe me when I say that was something all of us needed in 01 and 03 especially.

Charlie Anderson!

C'mon Paul. Don't tell me you forgot about Bernie Schwartz and the "Brothers" did ya? :blink:

Jim Macri - AKA - Hymie. He is - still to this day - a man of great humor. Makes us laugh every time we get together.

One of his hundreds of episodes took place while on southern tour in 76 or 77. Someone had bought a copy of Playboy, with the article by President Jimmy Carter. Hymie read the interview question in "Revere speak" and read the President's reply in Georgian. "I cannot deny that I have had lust in my heart for another woman."

C'mon Paul.  Don't tell me you forgot about Bernie Schwartz and the "Brothers" did ya?  :worthy:

Bernie was a funny guy, but as far as I can remember he was only with us one season. Charlie on the other hand was around for many years and could always be counted on to do or say something funny! I’m not sure if he stayed the funny man when he became an instructor or director (Freelancers).