I need a room for DCA!

Geoff,

If you work for the Federal Government you can book a room at the Holiday Inn like I did last year at this time.  Alot of hotels have rooms available for government employees. 

Derek

Are you sure that isn't rooms available at Gov't (lodging) rate? A lot of hotels will allow people traveling on Gov't orders to stay at a lower rate (within per diem). I haven't heard of actual rooms being set aside just in case a Gov't employee shows up.

s/ Guy who did WAY too much work travel in his time. <**>

PS - Ya better have a copy of your orders if you ask for Gov't rate.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I have found over the years as I've booked hotels.

If you ask for the AAA rate, it is extremely rare that they ask to see your card. In fact, only once have I been asked to show it.

So, when I book online or over the phone, I always check the AAA rate.

OK....I believe I am going to be coming to DCAs now! Not only am I looking for a room, but my friend and I are looking for an honor guard to march with.

Anybody need bodies in their honor guard???? If you can answer either, please send me an email at finebari3@msn.com. Thanks!!!

BTW, there is a real nice State Park called Francis Slocum State Park in Scranton with a nice campground if you want to go camping!

Just checked the Scranton area hotel/motel website. 19 of 21 listed are booked solid for DCA dates. If you can't find room with another corps' you might try a search for lodging in the area.

Most corps' book rooms for the following year the day they leave.

Not impossible.........but pretty tough.

Just checked the Scranton area hotel/motel website. 19 of 21 listed are booked solid for DCA dates. If you can't find room with another corps' you might try a search for lodging in the area.

Most corps' book rooms for the following year the day they leave.

Not impossible.........but pretty tough.

Lackawanna Radisson just called me with info on some rooms that were just turned loose,.....................so if you want to stay with the Thunderbirds and White Sabers (and party like a rock star) call Christie at 570-342-8300,............... quite possibly the finest accomodations in Scranton,.............and one block from the Italian Food Festival,......................Great eats all weekend long,.............

I might be pulling up floor space with you too Poodle. I get back from the first GameDay remote the night of the 3rd, planning on getting up early Sunday morning and driving to Scranton and have my first beer cracked open by uhm, noon b**bs I just have to find some floor space to pull up now haha.

I might be pulling up floor space with you too Poodle. I get back from the first GameDay remote the night of the 3rd, planning on getting up early Sunday morning and driving to Scranton and have my first beer cracked open by uhm, noon  b**bs  I just have to find some floor space to pull up now haha.

Oh? We're showing up this year??? :blink: