Cadets have too much to say

Guest DrumCorpFan
YEAGuy wrote

"Last night, with our confusing opening, the time keeper started early -- therein making it a  .3 penalty instead of the .2 we deserve."

OK, somebody help me out with this one. I always thought the timing was determined by the rules. Meaning......from the time the T&P judge pointed to the drum major and says 'Go', the corps would have a pre-determined amount of time to get on the field, set up, warm up, and start their show. I recall they used to hold up 2:00 or 1:00 warning signs for the GE judges. It used to be that at the end of that 3 minutes judging would start, ready or not. Wasn't it the Madison Scouts that took a huge penalty for being late getting on the field. The story was that when the announcer asked "Is the corps ready", they were not even in the starting set.

So why is it now that a corps is allowed to tell the T&P judge when to start judging? Or maybe the rules do not apply to certain corps? Power and influence works in many ways.

Because George Hopkins wants it that way.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging is suppose to begin when the DM gives the salute....or is it after the 4 minute setup??  ####, now I'm confused.  :worthy:

Corps have 4 minutes to get set up on the field. After 3 minutes the announcer will ask if the corps is ready. Judging starts with the first note played after "you may take the field for competition". If that note is played after the 4 minute set up time expires, there is a penalty for starting late.

• 6 months later...

Glad to see the time thing got figured out! :)

Glad to see the time thing got figured out! :)

Me too. And I can't believe the Cadets have inched above the Cavies finally. They're on their way to becoming the 2005 DCI World Champions. That is, if Phantom doesn't get in their way.

Wait...it isn't five-and-a-half months ago? :P

Edited by Hrothgar15

^^^^^^^HA HA HA HA HA HA HA I was thinking the same thing when I opened it & saw the original post date! I was like, "whoa, am I IN a Cadets Zone show?????" HA HA HA

Seriously, I didn't like the corps starting BEFORE they were welcomed to the field! Were they just impatient or is that where they made up the time difference? (giggle)

Edited by garfield_cadets

Because George Hopkins wants it that way.

"Because":

Bingo. He shoots, he scores.

A "Three Pointer". :worthy:

Elphaba

"Because":

Bingo. He shoots, he scores.

A "Three Pointer". :wall:

Elphaba

? :worthy:

I totally think PR's gonna rise up in the last couple of weeks here. They're totally going to win it this year, I'm tellin' ya!
No Way.....Argonne is gonna sneak up on all of em'!

HUH?......

Oh......... Oops, sorry, wrong decade. :worthy: