Worst Champion of All Time

I find it interesting that 89 has been deemed a non-favorite but yet when DCI did the Fan Polling and show in April, it was chosen as the best show ever.... :huh:

Perhaps a favorite show...my post was in reference to the execution and not the design. Bottom Line...not one of SCV's top hornline performances

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to the sops in 1988 Scouts for the first half of the show.

Listen to the Blue Devils or for that matter SCV (but is always better to watch SCV)

True. Madison had a less than stellar horn performance that

night and they were scored accordingly in that caption.

I believe they took 3rd in performance brass.

But they had an excellant visual/GE package

and a very strong drumline. That's why they won the title.

Edited by madalumni

For me, the least memorable is Cavies 2002. That show was as sterile as surgical steel, very clean, interesting concept, did I mention clean. The thing for me is that show had no emtional content and it was more like watching a video game than a show. There are plenty of moments on the DVD where you say.... that isnt a 99. They were the cleanest corps there, so they should win, but the numbers don't show who really had the best package that night even if it wasnt clean.

Yes, Madison did perform lights out at finals...during Malaguena. Everything prior to that in their show was quite boring, imo.

It seems that most people are all about 88 BD getting the ring, yet Santa Clara put on one of the most amazing performances that night. They put out more emotion and gave "it" to the crowd more than any show I have ever seen. For my two cents, 88 SCV was the best corps on the field that night.

Carlito

It seems nobody can admit that Santa Clara was good that year, but didn't have as good of a finals show as Madison did. Obviously Madison did something spectacular, because we all know the judges wouldn't give the ring to a mediocre show. Santa Clara, IMO, starting acting like they had everything in the bag, which, they obviously didn't.

For me, the least memorable is Cavies 2002.  That show was as sterile as surgical steel, very clean, interesting concept, did I mention clean.  The thing for me is that show had no emtional content and it was more like watching a video game than a show.  There are plenty of moments on the DVD where you say.... that isnt a 99.  They were the cleanest corps there, so they should win, but the numbers don't show who really had the best package that night even if it wasnt clean.

Well put :)

Santa Clara, IMO, starting acting like they had everything in the bag, which, they obviously didn't.

That was hardly the case. Finals week, like that entire summer, we just kept focused and working. We played an enormous game of catch up the whole season and the environment to which you alluded just didn't exist. :-)