Worst Champion of All Time

I think he meant...

if you have a list of the winners of each year, pick your least favorite.

That's what I thought too, based on the topic title, but it seems to be more if the question "Who didn't deserve to win over another corps in any given year?" Certainly I think there's a better way to put it than "Worst Champion Of All Time" :worthy:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I thought too, based on the topic title, but it seems to be more if the question "Who didn't deserve to win over another corps in any given year?"  Certainly I think there's a better way to put it than "Worst Champion Of All Time" :worthy:

Your are right. How about a response?

I've given two.

89 SCV was not as clean as PH that year. That's a toss-up.

I would like to nominate Cavies 1992 .

Firstly I marched 92 and I can say that Cavies deserved to win, but it felt a little like they won a little by default, almost that the others didn't have that winning show and they seemed to win it pure based on the wonderful "package" that they put together.

Technically it was, lets say, less than challenging - i mean just listen to the parts.. but on a whole it works... and i like the show

But normally the DCI winners are clearly technically and performance wise ahead of the rest and they have the package to match (ie: it has winning show written all over it) - i don't think this was the case in 1992 for Cavies... still a nice show though

O.K.

On that given night the corps performance did not represent the best of the competition. You also need to look at the groups complete package.  GE/Visual/Brass/Percussion all need to be considered.  Scoring has changed so much over recent years much of it comes down to the design the sheets on the particular year.

You want mine?

Cavies: 2002

Um.... what?

almost 2 full points at finals.... when was that done last?

Name the #2 and #3 corps, and their shows, and who should have won.

I don't like 2002 Cavs, but they most vertainly deserved to win, and saying othereise is blasphamy.

only jk.

but saying Cavies 2002 is unmemorable is just...

you get the point.

for me... 1992 Cavies... sorry. great show, just not very memorable.

~>conner

Hmmm...I would probably have to say Cavies 1995. (Poor Cavies)

I think visually a winning show...musically, nah. I don't think they should've won with a 4th place hornline, regardless of the visual package.

Same can be said for Cavies 2001 (Surprised no one mentioned that...I think?)

BD 2003 is probably another one. That seems like a championship forgotten and it was only 2 years ago!