Famous, or infamous, corps stories, myths, legends

I thought the only rookie to make it to the back was Joe Guadagnino with "Mongo" Mike Lukas blocking...I seem to remember, too, that occasionally they used to USE certain rookies as the ball

b**bs b**bs b**bs

Mongo would tell that story every year. I tried to get a game of bus football going in 2004. Chad ended up ripping his pants, I got a black eye. It wasn't rough as the old Bones stories, though still was fun.

don't know if this one has been said cause 20 pages is a lot to go through:

i heard one this summer from some crossmen alum.. it has to do with a certain word that is pure evil... that's all i'm gonna say cause when that certain word is said bad stuff happens in the drum corps community.

i think this might be off topic but it does have to do with drum corp. but i had heard that in the drew carey show the glassmen's logo is in the glass above the frton door and that there is aline in one of the episodes that drew was playing a trumpet and got laughed at or booed and he looked and said something along the lines of "well it's not like i'm still in glassmen." and i have heard he marched corp(i think i heard it was glassmen) but all i have been able to find is he was in his high school marching band.

and i have also heard the Madonna one too.

[quote name='shostahoosier' post='1095750' date='Jul 25 2005, 09:52 PM']Glassmen hall is haunted because a girl committed suicide back in the early 1900s...after not making the cheerleading squad for their school (oh the horror).[/quote]

and that is why i hate old schools. even if they arn't haunted they are creepy enough places that every noise will mess with your head.

i know mon valley express(even though we are areally young corp) use to practice in an old school just outside of Pittsburgh PA(mainly our gaurd and drumline used it for practice for the winter indoor shows) but we were going to make it into our hall. the people who owned it(it's a gov center for the town it is in and a bunch of the neighboring towns as kind of a centeral place that each of the town's elected officals can meet). and since it was an old highschool it had a gym in it that was used as a play area for the daycare center in it. and they but we were told we could clean it up(the floor had been ripped out the stage where the brass line practiced was a mess and a bunch of other problems like heat. but they could all be fixed and it would have been a really nice place) but every time we would go up where the vending machines were and the restrooms it would feel like someone was watching us or was there with us. i ended up having to take the long way around to the rest room the one day because our drum line was out in the hallway outside of the gym and i couldn;t go up the stair way closest to the rest rooms. i kept expecting to see someone appear infront of me. and a coupple of our staff members said they saw a shadow in the balcony above the gym where a bunch of stuff is stored and we would sit during lunch and breaks, and in the one hallway. flippy creepy school. it was built around 1925 i think. but looks like it was a nice building and could be with a tinny big of work.

We used to hear from older folks in the corps that, after shows, members of Boston Crusaders used to spit on the buses of corps that beat them.

This was when Boston still had their rougher image, so it was easy to believe. We thus referd to them as the "Boston Expectorators".

Mongo and I were Rookies in '82 and I don't recall any vets being dumb enough to make him play football. I shared an apartment with him and made the mistake of poking fun at his less than stellar ability to cook. Mongo tried his best to add a new door to the place using me as the sledge hammer. So if Mongo was the blocker, I would not have wanted to be any of the vets who tried to get in his way. But hey, I still suffer some memory loss from having my head slammed into the wall so it could have happened :-)

Mike Scott

Crossmen Snare Line '82

I marched in 27th's drumline in the 70's and back in the day, we went "commando"

most of the time but we caled it going "oobie" (Like booby, without the B). We also

had a guy in the line called the "Pecker-checker" to make sure that everyone was

swinging free b**bs

_____

wow ... that explains the little one line song I learned in SCV ... sung to the tune of Rawhid of course

27th Lancers

the drum line wears no pantsers

RAWHIDE

I wondered where that came from

As for the pizza thing, one of our age-outs in 88, Jay Ferm, bass player, talked about ordering pizza on the field at one of our last shows on tour, and ###### if he didn't have four Domino's delivered at our last show in Omaha. Unfortunately, they came outside the stadium, whilst we were getting set for retreat. But he carried them boxes out on to the field and the Quad City Knights ate pizza at retreat in Omaha.

That's rock and roll.

Of course, I was front and center with the other DMs...no pizza.

$*$@*!!!

Funny, I don't remember that.