Famous, or infamous, corps stories, myths, legends

(Reference to illegal activity removed by OldAgeOut)

in 1980, Blue Devils Assistant Drum Major (Steve Sanger) THREW his mace into

a frenzied crowd after an unbelievable encore performance in Birmingham.

True...I have it.

• Like 1

Yes, that did happen, shark was chillin' at finals in 1993

I remember marching by the shark outside the stadium as we prepared to do our Finals show.

Anyone who marched Crossmen in '84 have any info on the Parkersburg Rumble? The story says that the Crossmen got in to a big rumble with some local hillbillys in Parkersburg, W.V. who were harrassing the corps.

Mongo?? Dr. Bleak??? Anyone???

Full Story

Several members went down to the local store after the show. They were some of the smaller kids and some locals started picking at them. Calling them band nerds and stuff. So has we were leaving they shouted some names at us and for some stupid reason came up to the buses and started banging on the windows of the girls bus. I guess they thought we were all small, band nerds and girls.

I remember someone (a contra player from Delaware) running out the bus. I followed with no shoes and one sock on. When I got to the door the locals had that look you get when you know numbers are on your side. Then their eyes got real wide when he seen 25 very big and musclar guys come running out the bus. We were piling out the front and back. Then guys came off the boys bus. It was 50 against 15. We beat on them for a while then they did the Monty Python "runaway". We chased them for a couple of minutes. Soem lady at a store yelled about calling the cops so we piled back on the bus and took off.

15 minutes later some cars came flying by and threw rocks at the bus. We wanted to stop but the driver wouldn't.

Whole thing lasted maybe 10-20 minutes but memories last a lifetime.

also heard a story from the early 80's, 80 81 82 dont know which, they were driving home from a show in northern wis appleton maybe, anyway the corps got drunk at a local tavern and pulled over to pee, dont know if its true but I heard one of the buses wizzed on a electric fence. Again, that one may be myth!!!

It happened in 1980..........there was too long a line at the tavern bathroom so one whole bus found a nearby pasture..........and intheir brilliance ###### on an electric fence.........maybe that was the event that spurred Rondo to comment: "This place is electric"..............

b**bs

Anyone marching with Magic in '99 will easily remember the Pittsfield Massacre.

in 1980, Blue Devils Assistant Drum Major (Steve Sanger) THREW his mace into

a frenzied crowd after an unbelievable encore performance in Birmingham.

True...I have it.

Edited by Cainan

i heard a story from one of my instructors that while he was in golden lancers(mid 80's i think) his corp and another corp(i forget who) either broke down in a mcdonald's parking lot or pulled over at one.and the directors of both decided to see who's group was better at a drill down. neither of the brasslines really wanted to do it so they both agreed to take a dive and just relax while the rest of the group did it. well the lancer's hornline stuck to it and the other corp decided against it. and so there was the lancers hornline sitting on the ground while the other corp's line just kept going. and my instructor said that if his hornline would have stayed in they woudl have won because they were better at it.