Winston-Salem Scores!

I pity the fool that favors the inspires over the guys that have kept DCA going for decades!

I pitty the fool that doesn't allow other corps in other states to grow and become support to DCA.

I pitty the fool that doesn't see that MORE drum corps supporting DCA is a good thing.

I pitty the fool that doesn't have the vision and forethought to see that this is a what came first the chicken or the egg process. Do we step out of the box and move DCA around, get the activity kick started in other regions of the country, thus ensuring the growth of drum corps in those regions, thus making more corps that can support DCA more. Or do we just say "These north eastern corps have supported DCA over the years, there fore, those are the only corps and the only region we'll support".

Rock on and peace out. I've said my piece.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if DCA were to move just to apease a corps then the first place they should go should be out towards the midwest as a thank you for all the years that MBI put into the DCA organization. not the south to make a couple of new start up corps happy.

yes, you read that right, i said start up corps. because by comparision to the amount of time MBI has been coming east, for the amount of breaking down the "east coast barrier" they had to do, that is exactly what those southern corps are. without MBI having gone through the b.s. they did people wouldn't even have considered starting a corps outside of the northeast. sad but true facts people.

:blink:

interesting way to think about it isn't it? ^0^

I pitty the fool that doesn't allow other corps in other states to grow and become support to DCA. 

I pitty the fool that doesn't see that MORE drum corps supporting DCA is a good thing.

I pitty the fool that doesn't have the vision and forethought to see that this is a what came first the chicken or the egg process.  Do we step out of the box and move DCA around, get the activity kick started in other regions of the country, thus ensuring the growth of drum corps in those regions, thus making more corps that can support DCA more.  Or do we just say "These north eastern corps have supported DCA over the years, there fore, those are the only corps and the only region we'll support".

Rock on and peace out.  I've said my piece.

That's my girl :blink: If I march next to you next year, can you please make sure we remain friends all of the time? Thanks :P

I think we should move DCA 2007 to Yokohama (not Osaka) to help out the Inspires.

Osaka is a little far for them. :P

On a serious note, a public discussion of this issue is a healthy one, and ALL the input is good. For the sake of this discussion, no one should take anything said on here personally. Just say what you honestly think ... no big deal.

Lee ... a person who thinks DCA 2006 should be held in Winston-Salem to substantially increase the DCA fan base, and someone who is equally baffled as to why a few people in our activity perceive any open discussion of key issues as harmful.

someone who is equally baffled as to why a few people in our activity perceive any open discussion of key issues as harmful.

Lee ~ i don't get that either. yet it does seem that if someone tries to say they didn't like this or they didn't like that about WS they are the world's biggest #(*^Y&@#$@%*^)(# AND they are against drum corps moving forward EVER.

BUT having a negative opinion about Scranton is absolutely a-ok, encouraged and greeted with huge cheers.

go figure

i'm baffled by that too.

and Lee, Rob says thanks for the shirt again. i'm hoping he did the first time. :blush:

<--- never stops being mom :)

My .02

Wherever DCA finals are... I WILL GO.

Whatever "warts" a stadium has... I WILL DEAL WITH THEM.

To me... DCA is worth it.

Now having said that... I am actually sad to see Finals moved from Scranton. To me, Scranton is Finals (and I think Stu feels the same way). It will be really weird next year to go somewhere else since that is the "place I know". Yes, Lackawanna has its "warts" but after a few years, the Renegades finally have that place figured out (logistically). We have a great rehearsal facility that loans us equipment, an amazing hotel with tons of amenities close by and best of all - Johanna's Dad!!!

By moving Finals, we lose a lot of "what we know". However, I will do whatever it takes to support this activity. If we go to Rochester or W-S or Hawaii :) ... I don't care. I will be there to support this activity that I love.

Hopefully there are a lot of other people that feel the same way as I do and are willing to spend their money for this HIGH QUALITY product that we all put out.

:)

<comments removed - GJ>

Actually Joshua, I live in Los Angeles now, so if we can hold Prelims in L.A. and Finals in San Francisco, that would probably make us all happy. Oh yeah, and I&E in Osaka ... errrr ... I mean Yokohama. :P

BTW, you know what happens if we come in 6th again? I cannot tell you on here, but you might want to buy lots of garlic and wooden stakes before Labor Day Weekend.

Assuming that happens, check out our placements from 03, 04 and 05, aka the triology of Good and Evil --

6 - 6 - 6

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Edited by Poodle

OMG. I was being very sarcastic and actually trying to goat Mr. Rudnicki. He refrained from trashing me. I didn't think he had it in him. There may be hope for him after all.

I do agree though that if people express any negativity toward W-S, they get trashed. I thought people were free to have opinions.

I'll go wherever they have it.

<comments removed - GJ>

Total and complete comedy.

Actually, I don't think we've ever said we wanted Finals in SF. I'm almost certain we'd be against it 100%. We are completely on board with fostering growth in this activity...not killing it by moving it away from the majority of corps in DCA.

Get a clue. <**>

Edited by Poodle