Winston-Salem Scores!

WINSTON SALEM IS A NO BRAINER!!!

Beautiful Stadium! Southern Hospitality!

Yes its a little further of a drive for the North East corps, but its driveable in a day! I drove down from NY.

I say give it a chance.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget for nightlife, you also have Greensboro and High Point right down the road. Hotels and eats aplenty.

All the sports bars, strip clubs and other general fun things you can think of in G'boro, too....maybe a 10 minute drive down I-40 Business. :)

ATM's...I hadn't considered that...perhaps if the re-entry stuff can be changed (and I'm sure it can, for goodness sake, they do it at high school band competitions), it'll be a moot point.

Well, regardless, we'll see. I'll be wherever Finals shows up at. :P

A city that seems to be welcoming DCA with open arms, vs Scranton, who doesn't really seem to care too much.

ding ding ding.....winnah winnah....chicken dinnah. With some back bacon, eh? (LAME canadian joke, I know.)

Anyhoo... THIS ONE sentence is all you need. THIS is why DCA should be in W-S in 2006.

There were TONS of places in the down town area. They were just closed very early. THAT can be fixed.

There NEEDS to be an ATM machine near the food places. That is an easy fix. You bring in one of those portable one.

Food selections = easy fix.

Hotels: there were tons, they're just in the middle of being remodelled. That will be fixed by then.

HUGE convention center for I& E. Not some dirty, dark, poorly lit parkinglot in an out of the way closed for the season ghost town ski resort.

As for the weather = the only place you're going to get good, predictable weather for finals is west of the Rockies. We all know I need not bother finishing THAT sentence. Ha ha.

W-S is primed and ready to go for finals. The entire town was HAPPY to have us there. (Hullo, Scranton - we provide a HUGE % of your yearly income.) This place would be soooo excellent for finals. SOOOOO excellent.

Did anyone get to eat a Staleys steak house or Stratford road BBQ?

2 Things. #1, awesome avatar Bawker. As a huge comics nerd I must admit that your avatar stomps me. Second, the venue was fine. The complaint was the lack of track area for when the corps troop off the field, but that looks like it was being remedied. I wouldn't mind another trip down to NC for a competition, be it finals or a regional.

2 Things.  #1, awesome avatar Bawker.  As a huge comics nerd I must admit that your avatar stomps me.  Second, the venue was fine.  The complaint was the lack of track area for when the corps troop off the field, but that looks like it was being remedied.  I wouldn't mind another trip down to NC for a competition, be it finals or a regional.

Heh. ^0^

Thanks! Alan Moore's "Watchmen" is a personal favorite of mine...although I'm scared to see what will happen on screen with "V for Vendetta" this fall.

And, also, to you and everyone at Bush, thanks for coming down, and especially for the LMS performance, in light of the trouble you had getting there. You blew the convention center down!

Great show...please come back soon! :)

Oh the convention center would be awesome for I&E!!!!! (Especially if we ended up at the same hotel again!! - which is awesome except the wacked out evil elevators!!)

6) drove around the area all day. I didn't see a lot of hotel options. And for the price, i get more out of a Comfort Suites than I did the Adams Mark

Speaking of which......as a sidenote.......how about I paid 162.50 for a Hampton Inn in Danville for the Lewisburg Show vs. 47 at a Knights Inn in Murfreesboro last weekend. And trust me......don't let the name fool ya......the Hampton Inn in PA wasn't much nicer than the Knights Inn in TN. Talk about getting bent over and some serious collusion.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, GA.