Indianapolis Night show (SCORES)

Why have you never come down on someone saying the same thing about another corps? (that I have noticed)  If this is rude and classless said about The Cavies, then why not with the CONSTANT bashing corps like Cadets receive hourly on this board?  If a comment is rude and classless, it should not matter who it was said about.

:rolleyes:

Have you missed the MILLION times I have done exactly this??

I don't jump into EVERY conversation but I DO defend ANY corps or person (Cadets and Hopkins are COMMONLY my defendees) subjected to these kinds of attacks.

Come on, Michael. They're not my favorite corps.. Hopkins is not my favorite director or guy in the world.. but I have taken LOTS of heat for my defense of them in the years I've been on this board.

And please be sure to read my ORIGINAL retort (back a few pages .. and I've even had my EXACT wording quoted by someone else in the thread, too.. to answer the question about "what if it was said about the Cadets?") -- where I said it doesn't matter WHO says it about WHOM.. it's still classless.

Stef

Edited by ScribeToo

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why ever not? - :rolleyes: - They performed the music from "Jesus Christ Superstar" without having Jesus on the field ... or even Mary Magdalene.

Nice brief review, BTW.

Thanks for giving me my laugh out loud moment of the day!!!

:spit:

:lolhit:

Harvey

I too was disappointed that Phantom Regiment could not bask in the roar of appreciation for a victory 12 years in the making. That could have been that extra gas in the tanks of every one of those kids to get them through the next two weeks and vault them to the top. Instead they have to hear it second hand from the drum major and a few staff members. I'm sure they're still hyped beyond belief and all that more determined to finish it out, but having that first hand experience would have been oh so better!

WORD!  DCI, PLEASE bring back retreat.  Imagine the excitement the Cadets & Regiment kids would have had hearing those scores on the field last night, and listening to the crowd roar for Regiment in particular.  Some traditions should not be messed with.  Retreat is one of them.

Harvey

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Have you missed the MILLION times I have done exactly this??

I don't jump into EVERY conversation but I DO defend ANY corps or person (Cadets and Hopkins are COMMONLY my defendees) subjected to these kinds of attacks.

Come on, Michael.  They're not my favorite corps.. Hopkins is not my favorite director or guy in the world.. but I have taken LOTS of heat for my defense of them in the years I've been on this board.

And please be sure to read my ORIGINAL retort (back a few pages .. and I've even had my EXACT wording quoted by someone else in the thread, too.. to answer the question about "what if it was said about the Cadets?") -- where I said it doesn't matter WHO says it about WHOM.. it's still classless. 

Stef

No biggie. . .you know I respect you, I hope.

Just seems this is so commonplace on DCP lately where some posters' only purpose for being here is to trash the corps they love to hate.

Indeed.  UGA FINALLY will beat Spurrier!!!!

Cheers, :beer:

Sean

w/Stp:

If we suit Spurrier up (which we may have to considering half our team's been arrested) you may just get your wish. Otherwise, you'll just have one more win against USC which hasn't been very easy for you guys lately. Go Cocks!

Sorry-OT :rolleyes:

Well ... <ahem> ... as the college football dork that I am, let me be the first to say, "Anyone but U$C!" (By which, of course, I don't mean Spurrier's boys down at South Carolina.)

Anyway ... note to DCI -- PLEASE bring back retreat. At least at "Major Events" if not at regular season shows. Pretty please? Retreat is one tradition that should absolutely not be allowed to die out. (And if you're worried about having the "kids" up too late on a Saturday night, then just start the show twenty minutes earlier, for Pete's sake!)

And, this amuses you why? (Glass half empty)

Isn't it possible the other corps are having better years? (glass half full)

Rocketman - the optimist

ampssuck

I thought that I was implying that, but I guess you misinterpreted it, infact finding negativity in a comment which had none. I was simply saying that these corps that are normally on top are now getting beaten by the lower corps.