My personal opinion on DCA 2006

there were about as many people in the stands at that barely advertised show up in Kingston this past week, compared to the well advertised WS show the week before.

what does that tell you? :beer:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does that tell you?

That they should have had enough expirence at running a show to keep enough drinks cold!

The point is that after years of show hosting, stuff can happen. This was W-S's FIRST attempt. Give them a chance.

Edited by Murph

It tells you the obvious, Liz. That Kingston is an established and known annual drum corps show smack in the historical middle of the senior corps movement.

It does not tell you that putting championships at W-S will not be successful, or will be the deathknell of DCA as you know and love it.

You all (y'all) told them to submit a bid. They did. Overall, the proposal has some good merit. True , there are negatives to consider. But let's not bury the potential to grow this activity on petty minutae and short sightedness.

Jeff I think you should submit a proposal to DCA on where you feel finals should be. Please dont take any of the rest of this post personally, as I do not know you, your wife, or your Jetta.

The reason I bring this up, is I have been reading all of your feedback on all of the places DCA potentially could have finals. In reading all of your posts on this subject I have yet to come up with a place where you WOULD like to have finals. You have successfully dissed every location that has put in a bid. Allentown... bad parking..... Syracuse..... 96..... W/S....... not enough to eat for you or an ATM to pay for it...... Hershey...... Destiny's Chicken....... etc.....

So where would you like to see finals? Why would it be better? How would this venue alleviate all of the negatives you have brought to everyones attention? Would you bring the Westshormen to perform at this venue?.........

While I cannot bring myself to respect yours or anyone elses pessimistic opinions, I would value your positive opinions as a spectator, given I have never been a spectator at a DCA show.

Bottom line here bro... is BE PART OF THE SOLUTION, NOT PART OF THE PROBLEM.

Edited by gmencontra

there were about as many people in the stands at that barely advertised show up in Kingston this past week, compared to the well advertised WS show the week before.

what does that tell you?  :beer:

It tells me that there were more than a few people who did not show up due to the rain. If no rain that day I think the turnout would have been MUCH better.

what does that tell you?  :beer:

It tells me it didn't rain so much I felt like I should be collecting animals two by two for an ocean voyage.

No rain==better attendance.

Thus the practice show in W-S this year. With all of the feedback (even in it's non-constructive manner), issues can be taken careof BEFORE finals get there. Sounds as though the W-S group is actually working to put on a great finals in their city. People are #####ing and moaning that all we hear about is W-S and none of the other locations that have put in a bid. Where are those cities PR people?? The reason we keep hearing about W-S is because they are TRYING TO GET FINALS THERE!!! Other cities should work harder if they want it. (This isn't meant to so much a rip on the other cities with bids, but more a "good job" to W-S).

The following comments are strictly mine and should in no way reflect on my fellow corps members.

After marching the show in Kingston, I was greeted with a HOT Dr. Pepper from the concession stand. This is not the first show for Kingston, but no one has been on here <FILTER CIRUMVENTION REMOVED - GJ>, about how they need to "get it right" or they'll ruin the activity!

After finishing my refreshing HOT beverage, I stayed for retreat, then rode 20 hours on the bus back to Atlanta, then got in my car and drove 8 hours home. All because I enjoy playing my heart out for people who think we should never be taken seriously because we say "dawg" instead of "dog" and we put sugar in our tea. Holy <FILTER CIRUMVENTION REMOVED - GJ>, people who do that can't know anything about drum corps or running a show!!!!

Please remember, the above rant was only from me. I'm the smart ###, not my corps.

What we need is Ashton Crutcher to come in here and say

YOU JUST GOT POODLED. b**bs

Edited by Poodle