Pretend Your George Hopkins

As for the question about Dean Musson....he was in fact invited back as corps director after the 2003 season.  You may also recall he served as Brass Caption Head AND Corps Director in 2002 AND 2003.  I was always amazed how he did it.  People like him are truly special and I am proud to have been associated with the Crossmen during his tenure as Corps Director and Jeff Bridges' as well.

I recall a lot of negativity surrounding this, so I don't fully believe the Musson comment. There must be something more there.

I feel there's been a big shift in creativity, and certainly performance. Perhaps it just happened to coincide with Musson (and as a result, Naffier) leaving, but I don't believe so...

Since he is the Corps Executive Director of The Cadets, I'm sure he will be estatic! The Crossmen have had their own managment team for a couple years with Hop only looking after things like endorsment deals, funding, ect. from the YEA office.

lots of rumors floating around about what George would do w/Crossmen if they don't make it. 90% sound like typical rumor bs, 10% i'd be interested to see what would happen if they came true

I recall a lot of negativity surrounding this, so I don't fully believe the Musson comment.  There must be something more there. 

I feel there's been a big shift in creativity, and certainly performance.  Perhaps it just happened to coincide with Musson (and as a result, Naffier) leaving, but I don't believe so...

FWIW,

Dean was indeed asked back as the director for the 2004 season. . . but disagreements concerning the creative direction of the corps (the idea decided on and then summarily rejected was Chick Corea's "Mad Hatter" - a concept very similar to what Cadets are doing this year), potential staff hirings, and communication styles led to Dean reading the writing on the wall, and consequently leaving.

4 days later, I was gone too, after a 2 minute phone conversation with Larry, who had just come back to the corps after agreeing that the 2003 season hadn't worked out for him.

Dem's the fax, and jus da fax. . . dats da way the dice roll.

:blink:

I don't think I wanna be George Hopkins.

I already have enough people who hate me! :blink:

FWIW,

Dean was indeed asked back as the director for the 2004 season. . . but disagreements concerning the creative direction of the corps (the idea decided on and then summarily rejected was Chick Corea's "Mad Hatter" - a concept very similar to what Cadets are doing this year), potential staff hirings, and communication styles led to Dean reading the writing on the wall, and consequently leaving. 

4 days later, I was gone too, after a 2 minute phone conversation with Larry, who had  just come back to the corps after agreeing that the 2003 season hadn't worked out for him.

#### that would have been a sweet show, i can only imagine the crazy book you'd write for that.

#### that would have been a sweet show, i can only imagine the crazy book you'd write for that.

Yup...I remember being pretty stoked when I heard the initial concept........as chuck said.....thats the way it goes sometimes.

Hope all is well.

Peace!

Chuck, I appreciate your response. That cleared up much of my suspicion.

Sometimes change is certainly for the better, but it doesn't seem to be in this case. I'm still a fan, but it's easy to see that these aren't the Crossmen of 2000-2003. Perhaps things will work out in the long run...