Phantom Regiment's 50th anniversary...

AMEN Edited by TommySopranoContra

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carmina Burana in the Black Unis....

It wouldn't matter what color the unis were. It would be awesome. 20 contras!

Title:

"Megalomania; Arrogant Egotism"

I'll list ethe music later... but the opening starts out with the corps walking in a straight line, BLINEFOLDED, and then they hit the opener.

list music later.

~>conner

:rock::worthy::worthy::blink::blink:

Rocketman - :rock:

ampssuck

Isn't there some issue about the Orff estate charging out the wazoo to perform it? I forget.

Yes. Carl Orff's estate will not allow new arrangements of Carmina. A marching band arrangement of it was created by Ralph Ford (i believe) 3 years ago, and that is the "approved" arrangement (though I frankly don't find it that good). I am sure that for a hefty price they'd let some drum corps do it.

Yes.  Carl Orff's estate will not allow new arrangements of Carmina.  A marching band arrangement of it was created by Ralph Ford (i believe) 3 years ago, and that is the "approved" arrangement (though I frankly don't find it that good).  I am sure that for a hefty price they'd let some drum corps do it.

That's a shame. I remember the first time I heard it on one of the old Jenson Publishing LP's in the mid to late 80's...and yes, I was a big enough band dork that my director made me tapes of all those charts, so I could progam my own "imaginary " shows back then. Quit laughing. :P

I don't know if it was Bocook, or who it was that did the "off the shelf" arrangment then, but even in the packaged form, it was something I knew I'd love to see out on the field.

Oh well.