East Rutherford Scores

I'm staying at the Hampton Inn right beside the stadium.

Wow! What a show!

My first viewing of Pioneer, Pacific Crest, Capital Regiment, Cavies & Blue Devils.

Pioneer is better than last year.

PC - this is my first viewing ever, and I was really impressed. Nice clean looking show.

Capital Regiment - the sundial in a cool concept - nice flow to the show & it is great to see the guard rebound after the loss of their instructors earlier on in the season.

Cavies - I LOVE it! WOW! Classic Cavies. I had them in first place.

Blue Devils. I was prepared to hate their show, I did not, but I didn't love it either. The talking throughout was OK (It made more sense than Boston's last year), but they have such a wonderful brass line - other than a few soloists, there are not many opportunities for them to shine.

Colts - Visually nice show.

Mandarins - I liked their brass line

Cadets - I'm starting to get it, not quite yet. I thought they had a cleaner show last night in Allentown.

Crossmen - They rocked the house again! What can I say!!! They made a few changes today, which made a dramatic change to their show - they rush the stands in Radar Love & replace the second reiteration of Classical Gas with a chord that goes on forever.... really cool! Gotta love those kids!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossmen were my favorite of the night- it would be nice to see them in top 12.

On another note - I really liked Pioneer - for a corp with such young members - they put on a fun show. It would be great to see this corp grow into something more in the future.

Cadets seem to be slowly building a teeny lead over Cavies (from less than 0.1, to 0.5, now 0.8).

Actually Cavies are closing the gap if you look at the last few nights. If it were head to head in Allentown, it was a .875 difference, tonight it was only .800. Also from Friday night to tonight, the Cavies improved .700, from Sat. to tonight, the Cadets improved only .625.

Needless to say it is going to be an interesting finals week! I think it will be close no matter who wins.

Cavies won Visual tonight at least.

Wow! What a fine score for BD's percussion tonight! BD had a rough night in guard tonight (admitted on the BD blogs by one of the guard members).

I would not count out BD just yet.

Count them out of what? Third place? ^0^

Yeah, I know....not very nice.

I do agree that anything can happen from here to the end. I'm just really hopeful that BD is cleaner than when I saw them in Murfreesboro.

This year has been sooo kick butt for so many corps. I honestly feel that only two corps haven't improved this year from last year....or at least kept the same level of performance. Think about it. Everyone is good this year!!! And you can't complain that BD and SCV are bad....because they most certainly aren't!

Cadets - better than last year (traded baton twirler for a closet)

Cavaliers - Still awesome, still awe-inspiring

Phantom - Umm, wow... What a pretty show! Good stuff! Toe Tappin', even

BD - 94 is not a bad score...and it's not only for the name. It's good stuff!

Madison - Weren't they like 8th last year? Awesome! What happens next year??

Blooo - Barely 6th this year...now it's AT LEAST 6th - GREAT horns!

Crown - Not only 7th, but a LOCK in this area - And that GUARD!

Boston - About the same...same drill at least :worthy: haha, I kid! sorta!

SCV - It's not 3rd, but it's still SCV! It's at least vintage, kinda!

BK - Better than last year, definitely All captions better.

Glassmen - People aren't scratching their heads....it's good stuff, and entertaining.

Spirit - They are scoring MUCH better than last year - and clean!

Crossmen - They are about the same, but equally entertaining - same catchy music.

Colts - Movin' on up! Great music! Good guard!

Southwind - highly entertaining show - Movin' on up!

CR - Hornline is still good... scoring well in music

Mandarins - I loved the clip on DCI from San Antonio - Good horns.

Seattle - As good as last year, right? Innovative, even.

People count your blessings! I hear negative stuff on DCP daily, but I'm definitely impressed. I'm sure to watch my 2005 DVD's over and over.

Yay, finals week is here!

Way to go Capital... awesome job solidfying yourselves this week.

I can't wait to see this Cadets show again - it floored me the first time! :)

Cadets seem to be slowly building a teeny lead over Cavies (from less than 0.1, to 0.5, now 0.8).

Actually Cavies are closing the gap if you look at the last few nights. If it were head to head in Allentown, it was a .875 difference, tonight it was only .800. Also from Friday night to tonight, the Cavies improved .700, from Sat. to tonight, the Cadets improved only .625.

Needless to say it is going to be an interesting finals week! I think it will be close no matter who wins.

Cavies won Visual tonight at least.

In head to head contests, which is what counts, Cadets are building a lead.

Well, I know it wasn't the same show, but after tonight, crossmen are only .350 behind spirt. Xmen are very capapble of making finals.

At one point last week, Crossmen's score was actually ahead of Spirit's score from a different show, but when they were judged by the same panel at Allentown (on different nights), the result was the same as it's been in every head-to-head meeting since Crossmen's second show of the season -- Spirit ahead by a considerable margin.

Edited by oldsoprano

This is very unlikely, but I am hoping for a tie at semis between Crossmen and Spirit....both deserve to make Finals!