The "BD" forums are not happy with negative

The key here is to offer constructive criticism.

What he wrote is his opinion and he is entitled to it but it came off as a slam.

How you express yourself is the key to how you are perceived.

You want to be respected on the BD Forum then post your opinion in a constructive manner and offer an intelligent, well thought out discussion.

I have been a very active member of those Forums since late 2000 and the mods have been very consistent and tolerant of many differeing points of view.

Look at it this way:

You invite me to your house for dinner.

Your wife cooks her best meal and spends 3 hours preparing it.

I walk in, take a bite and in front of everyone say it tastes like crud.

That is my opinion whether you agree or not.

Tell me honestly how are you going to react?

Just a side note, your latest posting of your review on the BD site is still up.

Edited by dckid80

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the kind words Mike. Coming from you that is a wonderful compliment.

I'll post reviews for both nights in the Review section here.

You have a knack for putting your words in the most interesting fashion. Kudos for your ability to create a great narrative that kept me interested from word one til the end. You have a natural gift as a writer. I would love to read more of your insights.

Mike

Look at it this way:

You invite me to your house for dinner.

Your wife cooks her best meal and spends 3 hours preparing it.

I walk in, take a bite and in front of everyone say it tastes like crud.

That is my opinion whether you agree or not.

Tell me honestly how are you going to react?

Just a side note, your latest posting or your review on the BD site is still up.

Well, not really, think about it. Supposed you been eating at my house for 26 years, ans you have enjoyed every meal since the first, heck you even helped buy some of those meals, then suddenly, one meal..one meal in 26 years, you are not happy with you explain your feling about the meal, yet explain that the cook is an awesome cook and probably just made something not worthy of her talents......

I had three different areas where I called the staff "ALl star" and other compliments, plus I even mentioned that i hoped the kids loved the show at the end.

No, you see, I have about 40 posts there, reading anyone can tell I'm a Blue Devil fanatic with constant praise and admiration. I gave an honest read about my feelings regarding this show. It was harsh, but then, my praise can be just as sever in the opposite direction....thats accepted, criticism, constructive or not is not. Its sad they are so sensitive, It is really making me re-examine my love for an organization that cant handle the truth, or at least someones opinion, someone loyal since 1979 anyway.

~G~

I'm not the biggest BD fan, their shows are just not quite my type. However, I'm a musician and hear and respect the quality of the organization and brass line.

I was very dissapointed in the show Friday. My friend who loves BD couldn't believe that was their show. Saturday in a store I ran into a couple who are corps fans and she is especially a BD fan, both were also very dissapointed. As G Michael already said there was minimal polite response at the end of the show, and only a few diehard BD fans that gave a standing O.

I never heard a melody.

Can any one tell me the name of an actual dance tune they played? I love dance and big band music so thought maybe I would hear something good. I didn't hear anything but background power chords.

I barely recognized bits of Prelude, Riffs, and Fugue. And while a great piece, its not dance music.

The guard costumes were nothing from the 20's, the numbers were not on the backs or very easy to read, which hides the fact that the partners don't actually stay together.

But Mr. DJ Yowsa was the worst. Starting with the second time, and each of his subsequent talks, I had to hold myself back from standing up and yelling ^0^ :huh: "Shut the F*** Up!!! :worthy: ^0^ (fortunatly I'm a mild mannered person and am not prone to such outburst, so of course i didn't) but the narration really pushed me to the limit and I came close to being very bad.

Madison should deffinatly beat them and I hope that by Saturday night Bluecoats can too. Others in the audience think Crown should beat them also.

Edited by shawn craig

I had three different areas where I called the staff "ALl star" and other compliments, plus I even mentioned that i hoped the kids loved the show at the end.

~G~

"so I can say they suck here, here and here, perfect!" You don't buy brownie points by saying that.

The creative staff created a spectacular show. Your opinion of the show does not change that fact.

You could have voiced your opinion about the show without insulting the Program Coordinator's creative ideas or denouncing the drill writer's and brass aranger's ability to write a show.

I hope they get back on track next year, I totally can forgive them if this is an error or a one year "brain freeze"
They don't need your forgiveness and I doubt they want it.

This year is hardly an 'error' for the Blue Devils.

Christ, so they took a chance with a different concept this season. Some like it, some don't.......go figure.

BTW, that was a 94.00 they scored Sunday night at the Meadowlands wasn't it? They must be doing something right.