Cabs Alumni Primer For DCI Semifinals

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's FLAMENCO Cha-Cha!

I've been told by someone who has good reason to know this stuff that the actual title of the tune is "Cha-Cha Flamenco."

Of course, most folks know it the other way around.

Fran

He does Bb what with the NJ Symphony?

Mike

I knew I'd bungle the name. It's the folks who play in the Newark Center for the Arts. Newark Symphony, NJ Concert Orchestra, Jimmy Hoffa Memorial Troubadors. It's not like there's an abundance of cultural venues in Newark :beer:

Obviously he plays trumpet.

Now don't get Carol mad at me, she was always good to my daughter when I played with Archie.

I've been told by someone who has good reason to know this stuff that the actual title of the tune is "Cha-Cha Flamenco."

Of course, most folks know it the other way around.

Fran

"Cha Cha Flamenco":

Or as it is known "Flamenco Cha Cha" was originally penned for the Hawthorne Caballeros by the late Joe Genero "Way Back" in the early 1960s. He often said that if he had charged for "residuals" he would STILL be making money from the number "today".

Elphaba

I knew I'd bungle the name. It's the folks who play in the Newark Center for the Arts. Newark Symphony, NJ Concert Orchestra, Jimmy Hoffa Memorial Troubadors. It's not like there's an abundance of cultural venues in Newark  :beer:

Obviously he plays trumpet.

Now don't get Carol mad at me, she was always good to my daughter when I played with Archie.

I know Duke plays in a lot of local groups around the area....but (as far as I know) the NJ Symphony is not one of them.

He plays in a lot of the feasts in Little Italy (e.g. San Genaro) right down Mulberry St. Makes me want to drive in to the city to eat at my favorite place there, La Mela. MMMMM gooood....mangia! They have the best spedieni!!! :)

Mike

"Cha Cha Flamenco":

Or as it is known "Flamenco Cha Cha" was originally penned for the Hawthorne Caballeros by the late Joe Genero "Way Back" in the early 1960s.  He often said that if he had charged for "residuals" he would STILL be making money from the number "today".

Elphaba

I may be mistaken but wasn't Bill Hayes the original soloist? I know they played it as early as 1960, but Cherry Pink was their "production number" before that and it was Bill's signature tune.

I know Duke plays in a lot of local groups around the area....but (as far as I know) the NJ Symphony is not one of them.

He plays in a lot of the feasts in Little Italy (e.g. San Genaro) right down Mulberry St. Makes me want to drive in to the city to eat at my favorite place there, La Mela. MMMMM gooood....mangia! They have the best spedieni!!!      :)

Mike

For some unknown and irrelevant reason Duke and I were talking about things to do in Newark (I was commuting there for a while) and he mentioned seeing him with the ____________ Symphony/Orchestra. Now I'm curious. I'll ask him on Friday.