Of these 7 options this weekend...

Please God, let this happen this weekend...  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Please God, let this happen this weekend...

• Cavies new ending sparks the first ever "2nd in semis, 1st in finals" comeback
    • Phantom Regiment pulls a 1996, except this time they win it all by themselves
    • Madison sprays Windex all over their show, surges to 3rd.
    • SCV passes someone each night, finishing 7th
    • Colts add postage - surge to 12th and make finals
    • Southwind, angry over their telecast snub, surge to 15th in finals
    • Corps X has amp problems, picking up pilot chatter from TF Green International Airport
    • Other (please describe below)

It's about time Phantom Regiment won a championship now that we've gotten rid of that stupid tie b*******. I always thought those ties that we had in 1996 and 2000 were ridiculous.

Why would I like to see Phantom Regiment win? Simple. If you look at their scoring history since 1974, they have always been the "bridesmaid corps," placing 2nd a number of times. Their lowest finish was 10th. Last time they placed 3rd, I believe, was 1993 though someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I've always liked Phantom's classical repertoire. If the Cavaliers win again this year, I would have to say that finals is getting a little too predictable.

Just my 2 Euros.

Jon :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about an option for cadets winning because they have the best show this year...

Yep, other -- Cadets win. That will make me very very happy. But if they do not get 1st, I'd love for PR to take it.

Someone send Travis the DVD set...his is the winner of the best "predicted review" this year. That is one funny post...you rock!

As for my response, hold on to those midgets...I am wishing for a Regiment upset...if not the championship; at least topping the Cavaliers for all of their snot-nosed remarks over the last several years.

Cadets will win...there is very little doubt about this. Just too good, and a great show for them.

Phantom will nip Cavaliers for 2nd.

Cavaliers will take 3rd with a great show. Love it.

The Bluecoats will take 4th in a surprise that will shock the audience and Scouts and BD.

Madison will jump BD for 5th with a stellar performance.

BD will grab 6th with a show that may be ahead of its time in terms of concept, but just not clicking yet. Watch out for them next year.

Boston will jump Crown for 7th with the hometown crowd behind them and a super show that doesn't re-invent the wheel, it just delivers a solid drum corps punch.

Crown will drop to 8th, but what a great summer for them. Guard should take 4th at finals.

Santa Clara will finish the summer 9th, but they will sell the show in a big way and the east coast crowd will love them. This show rocks musically.

Blue Knights will take 10th with a great show and awesome contra line. Great drill, and I love those drums.

Glassmen will take 11th with a unique interpretation of Dvorak's 9th Symphony.

And last but not least, the Crossmen and Spirit of JSU will duke it out. At Quarters they will tie, and at semis the Crossmen will take them by .1. Crossmen will take 12th at Finals with a musical show that will ROCK BOSTON!!!!

Captions:

Brass - Cadets

Percussion - Cadets

Guard - Cadets

GE Visual - Cavaliers

GE Music - Cadets

Visual Ex - Cavaliers

Visual Ensemble - Cadets

Music Ensemble - Cadets

Disney Award = Phantom Regiment

Go Bluecoats and Cadets!!!!

Jonathan

I like it... except for three things:

1) In the 21st century, the Cavaliers had only been caught once, in 2003. Now you think that they'll get caught by two corps, in the same season? I'm betting Cavaliers by half a point over Phantom.

2) Carolina is just too good for Boston, and ask Madison '02 how much homefield advantage is worth.

3) I'm still pulling for BK to leap SCV, perhaps even Boston.

But I really like what you've done with the 'Coats, and I've got to agree about the Cadets. :)

Edited by Maedhros

scv surge, 7th, and jaws drop as those who haven't seen the show and have ripped it, are served up crow by me B)

:beer:

Well, there was no option concering the Bluecoats.  I think the top three is set, and since I'm fond of all three I couldnt' really care what happens there.  But in the 4-6 slot, I really want to see Bluecoats win it out, they've been a favorite since 2001.  I also wouldn't mind seeing Scouts stay in fifth, as it would be another indication of how much some corps are stepping it up this season.

There also wasn't a Blue Knights option on the poll.  I really want to see them pass Vanguard, maybe even Boston.  They can, if they can just clean.

I guess I'm just blue hatin'. No BD, Bloo, or BK options in the poll. I simply picked 7 scenarios that I thought might have a chance of happening.

And besides, had I included all corps, there would have been 24 options, and I don't think "Esperanza's guard cleans the rifle toss in the ballad - they surge to 20th" would have gotten many votes. Nothing against Esperanza, of course. Or their guard. Or rifle tosses in general....

:P I think Bluecoats will beat Blue Devils one of the nights (thinking it will be friday) then slide back saturday night.....but hoping they pull it off saturday night.....:)

I would love to see Regiment win because they have had the best show and not won too many times to count. I definitely don't want to see Cavaliers win using the same visual package they have offered for the last twenty years. How many years in a row do we have to see the same simple moves just because its easier for them to add the moves than to clean the show? Let Brukakers drill moves rest in peace with him. Regiment doesn't do Brazales moves anymore.