The unofficial SCV is getting HOSED thread!

largecarnosaurs.gif

It is believed that this prehistoric predator dates back to 1976 and was a part of the of Madison Scouts species. They tended to prey upon younglings and people with differing taste than them, especially if it doesn't allow room for the playing of Chuck Mangione music or Malaguena.

:P

#### you.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<edit>

Edited by Blue Devil Legend

Umm...guys...Paul? Rich? Don't let these kids get to you. And certainly don't let your maturity level, or the class from the corps you come from, drop just because some kids are trying to push your buttons.

Remember, you probably acted the same way when you were their age. :D

What is my point?

Here is the meat of your post, to which I replied:

"This years corps could be one of the strongest-willed SCV corps EVER. All they have heard and read the entire season is TOTAL negativity from EVERYWHERE, yet amongst all that crap, they continue to perform with pride, and.........TRADITION."

1. The corps has a strong will and I believe this is in good part to a great onfield leader amidst all of the organizational turmoil.

2. The corps has been beleaguered by negativity from everywhere, true. And a great leader is the glue to keep the corps dedicated, focused, and resistant to collapse.

3. They continue to perform with pride and tradition, true. And one of their traditions has been great drum majors. I put Stu up there with the best.

I'm not saying the corps has been resilient simply because of Stu, just that your comments brought him to mind. There are historical examples of great corps having off years and resorting to infighting. Inasmuch as Vanguard have held their heads high and carried themselves with pride, I salute them. For it should not be assumed that such scenarios are a given. I believe great leadership in trying circumstances has something to do with that.

HUGE apologizes from me DM :blush:

In my moment of stupidity, I didn't realize you weren't the author of the post I was questioning.

Rich

Lemme think about that real quick.........nope.

I actually respected what the one's before me did, whether or not I liked it.

It was a joke man, cool out

It's all good "man", just wanted to voice my opinion on that matter.

Umm...guys...Paul?  Rich?  Don't let these kids get to you.  And certainly don't let your maturity level, or the class from the corps you come from, drop just because some kids are trying to push your buttons.

I'm not trying to push anyone's buttons.

And Rich, I respect plenty.

Umm...guys...Paul?  Rich?  Don't let these kids get to you.  And certainly don't let your maturity level, or the class from the corps you come from, drop just because some kids are trying to push your buttons.

My posts have been to defend today's marching members, several of whom are my personal friends, who have poured themselves equally into the activity of drum corps as any alumni did in their time. Yet far too often today's members recieve only biting criticism from those like Paul, jerks with nothing at all positive to say to kids who have earned more respect than that.

If my behavior of defending today's members is considered "pushing buttons", then some alumni on here seriously need to stop and examine their goals, because their aim seems to be nothing more than to tear down the kids who are in the very position that they were once in years ago.

Pee Wee, you speak of the class that comes from being in an organization. I invite you to point out anything classy about Paul's rant. For the thousandth time, respect cannot simply be demanded, it must be earned, and I've seen precious little that I can respect coming from certain alumni who should really know better.