2007 Rose Bowl - Pasedena

Colinga! Heh.... that would be cool, home of the "Horned Toads"!

On the field, from Colinga California, performing their 2007 program "Earthquake"... DCI is proud to present, the Horned Toads... b**bs

Waa waa waa... Gas is too high!

Well, maybe in two years it'll be too high for any of the West coast corps to go back to the Mid-West and the East like they've done year after year after year after year (+ 30 years). If the West can do it for 33 years, everyone else can do it for one!

Waa waa waa... It's in Pasadena not San Diego.

HEY! It'll be in Califreakinfornia (let alone the West) for the first time in 33 years (and more counting the pre-DCI years). I wouldn't care if they had it in Coalinga, CA or Kennewick, WA! I'll be there!

Waa waa waa... The camera angles will suck.

Well, let's see. They've got two years. Ever think they may have something planned?

Waa waa waa... Some Div II & III corps might not be able to afford it.

Well, let's find out first, shall we? On the other hand, corps from the West that might not be able to go back East go will finally be able to attend finals.

Okay. Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now.  B)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehheh... I was hoping someone would catch that.

Hmmm... from the Central Valley, Jason?

B)

Hopefully gas prices will have fone down by then. Most Div. II/III corps could not afford to go otherwise.

Nonsense. There's two years to budget and plan. It's not as if tcikets have to be purchased for each member -- they travel on busses. It costs no more to sleep on gym floors in California than it does in Wisconsin, Maryland, or Colorado.

Oh and out of curiousity, what does San Diego offer for tourists that Pasadena doesn't?  I've been to both quite a bit and well San Diego has never really excited me.

San Diego has better air quality and not-as-bad traffic. But that's about it. San Diego is pleasant but I agree that Pasadena seems to offer more.

Next question(s)...

1) Will DCI have to rearrange the regionals?

2) Schedule Allentown earlier in the year or cancel it for one year?

3) Make DAR a regional site for one year?

4) Add a regional somewhere in the Northwest (WA, OR, ID) for one year?

5) A combination of Nos. 3 & 4?

6) Reschedule the San Antonio regional to NM, AZ or NV or keep it in SA?

7) A combination of Nos. 3, 4 & 6 (if not in SA)?

Edited by skajerk

Guilty as charged! Born and raised in Fresno and Bakersfield.

Ah yes. Kerman and Fresno, here.

Gee I dunno.  Pasadena in August?  It could be 500 degrees.  Good luck finding places for all the corps to practice.  Lodging is also very expensive. But I live 20 minutes away, so I guess the party's at my house!

Like I so elegantly said earlier...

"Waa waa waa"

IT'S GOING TO BE IN CALIFREAKINHEREICOMEAFTER33YEARSANDIHAVEN'T BEENTOFINALSIN20YEARSFORNIA!!!

Oh... Just give us directions to your house, we'll be there. B)

Edited by skajerk

The Rose Bowl in Pasadena: Whaddaya want first, the good points or the bad?

Having attended the Tour of Champions show there last year, I offer a few observations:

Good Points -- :)

Big parking lot, lots of seating, no seats obstructed by posts, most likely great California weather, Jumbotron scoreboard may augment visuals, and California fans deserve having DCI Finals there.

Not so good points -- :(

Since the bowl shape may let too much sound escape before it reaches the audience, more amps may be needed to fully enjoy the pit instruments; due to gradual incline of the aisles, many seats are too far from the field to fully hear/see/feel/enjoy performances without binoculars or hearing aids -- not much tingling of the face by loud horn lines -- and you may have to peek between heads even to see what you want to see (unless they broadcast the shows on the Jumbotron); restrooms and concession stands seemed inconveniently located.

On balance, DCI and the Rose Bowl management may be able to work out someting to maximize the overall experience of the fans. We can hope!