2007 Rose Bowl - Pasedena

Have they ever replaced the bleacher seats?  I went to a couple of Super Bowls there and the seating was tight. 

Those would have been Rose Bowls, right? I hope the Madison Scouts do as well there as the Wisconsin Badgers have in about the last decade (2-0 over UCLA and 1-0 over Stanford in Rose Bowl matchups)!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA TRAFFIC during weekdays....Peak hour Drive times which Fans would be having to push through to get to the Stadium I wouldn't wish on anyone. 25,000+ people converging the freeways trying to get into Pasadena/Rose Bowl what  a nightmare. Albeit not all would be making the Trek in but, I'd say 98% will and you have NO Idea how bad it is till you experience it first hand. I think a lot of People that attended TOC last Summer could attest to that. UGHH

Are there transit options? LA has light rail now. Does it go to Pasadena or anywhere near the Rose Bowl? What about regular commuter rail? Sure would be nice to go to a major DCI event without traffic hassles and without being gouged to park.

David

Corps will have LITTLE to NO rehearsal time out there cause they'll have to leave 4 hours before they perform!!!

b**bs

4 Hours ???????? Where are you driving from VEGAS!!!

Keep in mind that the traffic in LA flows just like EVERY urban area....from the housing in the AM to where people work, and back again in the PM. My car was my office in LA and even if I took the worst possible route it rarely took me more than two hours to get from Central Orange County to the Valley or Back. The Rose Bowl is located in an area that you can get to without too much of a hasstle from anywhere in the Basin...so long as it isn't between 6:30 - 9:00am and 3:00 - 6:00pm M-F. This being said it would require Corps to plan on being in the vicinity of the Stadium before 3:00pm M-F. Saturday is a whole different story, count on the cause of the traffic to be the show itself.

Hey Ryan, The only reason I mention Valencia is because it is a VERY fun town for kids, and you can sneak in and out on the 210. If we really wanted to play a joke on a Corp we could house them in Palmdale or Victorville! I would be on the horn with Pepperdine in Malibu - little out of the way, but the best climate in the world and what a view!

PS. What you see is HASE :P :P :P

Edited by srmumz

Corps will have LITTLE to NO rehearsal time out there cause they'll have to leave 4 hours before they perform!!!

b**bs

That's total BS blown way out of proportion. Traffic is bad , but no worse then any other metro area in the U.S.

I used to leave for work at 3:00 in the afternoon to go to downtown L.A., 38 miles away, and would make it there in 45 minutes, traveling through Pasadena to get to work. It won't be bad at all.

I'll be staying in San Diego for sure......unless I'm out in Catalina.

PARTY AT PEEWEE'S HOUSE!  I'll bring the Renegades....

Umm...wait just a minute! :blush:

It'll be nice to be able to DRIVE to the World Championships (WOW! Never thought I'd be typing that phrase in this lifetime), but it's still a good 2.5 - 3 hour drive from San Diego to Pasadena.

But if you REALLY want to come visit, I do just happen to live near Ocean Beach here in San Diego :D (Eat your heart out land-locked cities!!!) B)

Edited by PeeWee

It's hot everywhere in August -- probably less so in Pasadena, and certainly less humid than anyplace Finals has been except Denver. And lodging? Do you think it's more expensive than it is in/around Boston?

It's kind of overcast today and weather in California is typically unpredictable...As far as the venue, being a native to the Los Angeles area...I know all the short cuts to avoid traffic...I read another post here that said it would take 4 hours to commute to the stadium...traffic in L.A. is no different than any other major city...actually traffic around Qualcomm Stadium is even more horrendous...Highway 15 is just as bad, if not worse than the 210 freeway which runs by the Rose Bowl...all in all a great choice for DCI 2007...great to have DCI in my hometown! B)

Those would have been Rose Bowls, right? I hope the Madison Scouts do as well there as the Wisconsin Badgers have in about the last decade (2-0 over UCLA and 1-0 over Stanford in Rose Bowl matchups)!

No, Those were Super Bowls. 80 & 87.

b**bs

That's total BS blown way out of proportion. Traffic is bad , but no worse then any other metro area in the U.S.

I used to leave for work at 3:00 in the afternoon to go to downtown L.A., 38 miles away, and would make it there in 45 minutes, traveling through Pasadena to get to work. It won't be bad at all.

...actually traffic around Qualcomm Stadium is even more horrendous...Highway 15 is just as bad, if not worse than the 210 freeway which runs by the Rose Bowl... B)

True, true, but Qualcomm has better seating.

Granted, Qualcomm isn't as nice a stadium as Denver 2004 or Foxboro 2005, but it's still nicer than any college football stadium here in California...including the Rose Bowl.

And to combat the traffic issue, the drive from I-8 (East or West) to the stadium, or from I-805 or I-15 South isn't bad at all!

Anyway, perhaps they can still change the venue later on. I'm sure it won't be set in stone this far away.