Grand Champions!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals at every show. Just saying that he medals given out on Thursday didn't declare anyone champions.

But I'm done with this subject, it's just a waste of time.

That may be, but the Spartans' medal does say Division Champion. With the other awards handed out on thursday this year, it seems that the standard thursday "semis" show has diappeared. Thursday night was more like previous saturdays than anything else. Saturday's show was something new, is definitely important and the goal of every Corps that stepped off that day. What we ended up with is two Corps that will have to accept (I expect they already have) that each have a "Title". Spartans are the Division 2 Champions, and ECJ are the Division 2 World Champions. I doubt either Corps wanted to give up a show to the other, and I know neither Corps has anything to be ashamed of. Congrats to them both, and with any luck the format will change for next season.

This may be only my opinion, but as I remember things, the real reason for the system we have now was the desire to have more "finalists" in divisions II and III. For years, division III had more participating units than division I, yet while division I had 12 finalists, division III had to cut to seven. And division II's five finalists - that was preposterous.

Declaring the middle round of championship week "divisional finals" ensured that nine corps in each division (II and III) could enjoy the achievement of "finalist" status. Confusion over the possible dual titlists was a potentially negative side-effect, but it was not unforseen by the II/III directors. They thought out the "medal here, flag and trophy there" system, and if it continues to draw criticism, perhaps they'll tweak it in the future.

I am quite proud of the Gold Medal I earned at Finals last week.

I can firmly say that we had the best show of anyone that night (including those presented at Grand Finals)

If the DVDs were to be from Finals night, everyone could understand where I'm coming from.

If they're from Grand Finals day, *see above*

It was great to throw down the most amazing show of my life and win a gold medal for it.

Our show was the hardest, hands down.

Hardest book, hardest work, hardest drll.

The crowd knew this.

The judges didn't want to admit it.

But hey, Phantom '89 much?

Edited by sobe

I can firmly say that we had the best show of anyone that night (including those presented at Grand Finals)

If the DVDs were to be from Finals night, everyone could understand where I'm coming from.

It was great to throw down the most amazing show of my life and win a gold medal for it.

The crowd knew this.

I've typed like five different first sentences and deleted them all just because i don't know what to say. I mean - are you serious? Do you honestly believe that? For real?

Class clearly isn't your strongpoint.

Edited by TTitans909

The crowd knew this.

Exactly what is your justifiction for anything you just said? How would you know how any of the other corps performed especially since you didn't see any of them. Do you really have that high of an opinion of yourself that you don't even have to see your competetors perform to know how you match up against them? Sorry I've been responding in all questions but I can't believe you think you can make classless comments like that with justification whatsoever. It's time to come off your high horse and find some respect and appreciation for your competetors, the judging commuity and everyone else you think you know more than. I respect your organization and always thought everyone involved conducted themselves with the highest level of professionalism until right now.

Edited by ictrumpet

I think every needs to stop taking everything personally. Every time someone questions how finals week worked someone sees it as an attack on the succes they spent their whole summer working for. There was a post that explained how finals week went down.

ECJ got the Flag Trophy and World Champion Title - congrats to them

Spartans got a medal and Divisional CHampion Title - congrats to them

I think the back and forth stuff needs to stop. What needs to be said about flaws in the format has been said no more good can come from this thread.

My son is more proud of his "DCI Div. III Finalist" medal than any of his 6+ years worth of gold, silver, and bronze medals from wrestling. He worked his butt off everyday from June through August for his corps and nothing anybody else thinks of him or his corps will bring him down from the pride he feels about his medal (he hasn't taken it off yet!).

This is how it should be for every kid that marched this summer, from The Cadets to the Blue Saints.

nuff said.

The Grand Finals is what you will be able to buy, they did not record Thursday Night for DVD. On Saturday there was a Camera on the Field and I think 2 upstairs.

If you want your corps performance, you'll have to buy the prelim show, everyone was recorded there.

The Audio should be good too, there were at least 3 Mic Stands in front of the stands.

ECJ got the Flag Trophy and World Champion Title - congrats to them

Spartans got a medal and Divisional Champion Title - congrats to them

I think that is the best way to say it. If your corps personel was telling you that you are the world champs then maybe that needs to be corrected too.

Thursday, was the divisional, Saturday was the World Grand Finals.

It's the Division 2/3 board that voted for this format.

Thank goodness the Raiders won both days or all holyhell would be breaking loose!!!

Edited by SOMF69