Finals Attendace

You know, numbers can be argued all day.... They filled a large NFL stadium from end line to end line. I'd call that a success whatever the number is.

There were people all the way down in the endzones this year too. (Not packed into the endzone, but they were there.)

DCI2005-Pt3-047.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a stadium in the USA that has 60,000 concert side seats? Nope. Looking at the picture, this was a hot ticket.

Let's call Foxboro a sellout. How does it get better than that?

Ah, yes...SEMI-Finals. Here's the competitive opportunity. Could SEMI's be held the previous weekend in a different venue? With the top 17 going to the big show? Kinda like the NFL playoffs are held 1 week prior to the Super Bowl.

Then you could have 2 MEANINGFUL competitions. Not slot-fests like San Antonio and Indianapolis, but real competition with something to WIN and something to LOSE.

Pair 'em up. Semi's in Allentown / Finals in Foxboro / DII & III go Friday Night for the Small Corps Title and 12-17 go right after for ONE SPOT in Saturday Night's show. Winner take all.

Hmmm.

Bombs Away!!

Jeff I'd be very surprised if 41,000 people would pay 50 per seat. I'm sure back in those days Tickets topped out at 15/20 bucks....am i wrong on this?

Look at the pic Machine posted....that's a huge crowd guys, much bigger than a few years ago, but nothing compared to when tickets were cheaper.

All in all......the money ...i don't think is affected that much when calculating inflation and overpriced regional tickets.

How do you fit more people in there? I ask the question because it seems like we are hyped on ticket price.

More or less per ticket...where would anyone else sit?

And don't say backfield. Filling the backfield or the end zones does not make the show a success. The view from backfield isn't drum corps.

And any price comparison has to factor inflation. Today's $75 is yesteryears $25. Be fair, then compare.

Guest DrumCorpFan
no but do this math.

25,000people at $75=$1,875,000

41,000 people at $50=$2,050,000

Doggonit Jeff, there you go using logic again. Nobody wants to hear that crap.

Hey, maybe that's why they are talking about raising prices for 2007, huh.

Awwww! Poor Benny doesn't want to include REAL numbers from when we "dinosaurs" marched in DCI.

It WAS still DCI back then, ya know. Fact is, numbers ARE DOWN, and people are getting gouged price-wise because of it.

Down at DCI? Or down across the board?

The picture suggests that DCI is ok. Can't fit too many more in there.

It's the shows before DCI that have taken the hit. Some don't exist at all.

US Open comes to mind. And the World Open in Boston. And, and, and...

Doggonit Jeff, there you go using logic again.  Nobody wants to hear that crap.

Hey, maybe that's why they are talking about raising prices for 2007, huh.

Logic? I'd call more wishfull thinking in an attempt to make a failed point. I don't remember paying $50 a ticket in 1981. More like $10.00. Bottom line, the crowd was great this year. Look at the picture.

Edited by oldtimedrummer