Show endings/ final moments

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the crowd reaction when for that split second you actually thought that SCV had made the entire corps disappear on finals night in 1988. That was the ultimate ending.

Also I too loved Suncoast 1988 ending with the scare the #### out of you hits.

Does anyone remember the end of BD's 94 show when they were in the giant box and one of the members from the back right of the field yelled "SEVEN"

Looks like this thread is gonna live, so here goes:

Two of the finest drum corps endings of all time - both in the same year. Were WE, the audience, spoiled rotten in 87 or what?

1987 Garfield Cadets - Finale to Appalachian Spring.

Brilliant. Poised. Calculated. Flowing artful drill that IMO is impressive even by today's standards. Did anyone else get to hear the soloist pre-finals?

Yep...at Drum Along the Rockies...he pretty much played one of the recognizable lines (the one right before the first loud blast in the opener)

And might I throw out as wonderful endings your own in 87? I still tear up when Tony and Maria run off together...

And of course, your 88 ending...the plume action in the altos on the final horns down!....MWWHHAAAAA!!!

83 Garfield

84 Madison

87 SCV

93 Phantom

95 Madison

95 Cavaliers

00 Cadets

00 Cavaliers

02 SCV

I'm surprised no one's mentioned '92 Cadets... The pit starts out on FIRE!!!! Then the buildup to the killer brass runs followed by high mark time. Finishing off with pure power and emotion. I would definitely add them to the best endings of all time.

1984 Blue Devils, from the "M" in the drill until the end. Its commonplace for the brass and percussion to be intense and blow you away, but in this instance, notice the guard...on fire !! Intense, full throttle, they just dont let up. Those double silks, and the way they handle them , Im convinced, are one of the main reasons they attained high guard that year.

~G~