Best Mellos

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom Regiment 1996!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and this is an obvious one... 2001 The Cadets Juxtaperformance.

The Cavaliers Mello line this past year and Crown's mello line this past year, just great, great players and a great sound.

Over the past few years, Phantom & Cadets have had great mello lines. Also, Crown's Mello line was exceptional this year.

Harvey

'97 Cadets - the opening lick of that show is just insane!

well obviously the Cadets are on fire most years...from the past 10 years though id especially go with 97, 01, and 05.

Also, SCV has had a few mello lines lately that i have really loved. In fact, id say all of them since Key Poulan took over as arranger, he really knows how to let 'em rip!

This one is incredibly easy for me: Carolina Crown 2005

Those mellos have such an amazing sound quality. When they turn backfield in the closer, before the timpani roll into the ending, the sound bounces off the backfield stands and creates such an amazing effect. Apparently, they have someone working with them that has taught a championship corps in the past (I think I remember hearing Cadets). Which brings me to my number 2 corps...

Cadets - Their mellophones are nails! Year after year they play great stuff. 1998 and 2000 are among my favorites.

Is it my ears but did the Sopranos and Contras overshadow the middle voices in 2003 Blue Devils Phenomenon of Cool?

One of my favorite shows, listen to it all the time. I don't know, can't hear the middle voices much.