the shows from 2005

I agree... this was a down year.  None of these shows would have cracked the top 3 in 2002.

It's disappointing this is the year it debuts on ESPN.  The channel surfers will flip past the porta-john.

:blink: I think the top 3 this year is way ahead of 2002.

Cavies 02 vs. Cadets 05 - pretty close call here. both shows bringing a lot of new things to the table and performed near flawlessly...could go either way depending on tastes.

BD 02 vs Cavies 05 - definitely Cavies 05....had much more to offer in terms of concept, complexity, and demand IMO.

Cadets 02 vs. Phantom 05 - not even close...PR wins this one. Tons of GE, another great brassline, and most importantly...they had a hot finals show unlike Cadets '02.

2002 was a great year from top to bottom, but its definitely not one of my favorites at the top.... corps 4-13* are what really make it enjoyable for me.

*edited to 4-13 because i LOVE Blue Knights show!

Edited by BennyASU

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion this year has not been the best year for corps. Some decent shows, don't get me wrong, but not a year to be remembered, IMHO.

Cadets, Regiment, and Crown have my votes for memorable shows this year. I'll have to listen more before I can make a final assertion though.

Edited by ContraMan

Guest DrumCorpFan
Although I am a Cadets homer, and as good as they performed this year, I would not include their 2005 show in my all-time top 10, but maybe the top 20 or 30.  Their performance levels were incredible, but I expect that from them, BD, Phantom, SCV, and Cavaliers every year.

To me, for a show to jump into my all-time top 10 shows it must not only have that truly incredible execution, but it must have a special element.  The Cadets show was unique as well, but for me Phantom Regiment 2005 may now be one of my top 10 shows of all time.  Not sure yet, but they certainly leave that lasting impression.  Quite possibly Carolina Crown may also jump into the top 20.  Special show.

For what it's worth, my top 10 as of now are:

1. Garfield 1987

2. Blue Devils 1984

3. Garfield 1984

4. Phantom 1989

5. SCV 1985

6. Phantom 1993

7. Garfield 1985

8. SCV 1987

9. Blue Devils 1988

10. Madison 1995

Jonathan

Nice list. B)

Phantom 05 is sitting comfortably in spot number 3 on my "top 7" shows. Right behind 89 and in front of 93.

NEW updated Top 7 PR shows:

1. 96

2. 89

3. 05

4. 93

5. 03

6. 91

7. 97

I'm absolutely blown away by Crown's show. Probably will end up on my Top 10 somewhere at the bottom. WOW...great show.

Music only = Crossmen

Total package = Phantom

My Top 5 Phantom Regiment Shows

1. 1996 A Defiant Heart

2. 2003 A Harmonic Journey

3. 1989 New World Symphony

4. 2005 Rhapsody

5. 1997 The Ring

This year's Crown show is among my favorite of theirs. The Cadets' show also ranks along with some of their best, but certainly not one that I would put at the top of their offerings, not even close. The Cavaliers' show is not one that would crack my top five Cavalier shows. But...that Phantom Regiment show! b**bs It is somewhere on my top list of shows. Time will tell where it finally resides.