No 2006 DCA at Hershey

Why not Allentown?  Just curious

several reasons:

no one submitted a bid first off.

second, finals weekend is also Allentown Fair weekend. that causes a log jjam on hotel availability

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rock: Why not a venue like Pittsburgh, or Altoona(they used to have a great DCA show).  Buffalo should have facilities(H##L ANYWHERE OTHER THAN HERSHEY) Can you imagine what the H##L the brass at Hershey were thinking when they turned their back on decades of loyal drum corps fans? HEY HERCO, HERE'S YOUR SIGN  :rolleyes:

no one submitted bids.

True, this wouldn't be the first time that they've held drum corps there, but you do have to look at the fact that colleges are back in session now, so all of the athletics that go with those colleges have started up too.

There you go, being all logical. What's up with that???

:P

My bad. Thanks a lot.

Here's a crazy thought. 

How about Philadephia, PA???

Thinking out loud    :rolleyes:

prelims and finals were held there in 81. Not sure why the venue never returned. But it did look like a nightmare for the busses and equipment trucks as well. Yes, the rehearsal sights where not very close to the corps hotels.

if any one wants my opinion i think dca should try rochester or jersey city. they had the biggist crowds in rochester & roosevelt stadium in jersey. i think that dca in penn is gettig real stale. dca needs a change because they have been around the longest.

if any one wants my opinion i think dca should try rochester or jersey city. they had the biggist crowds in rochester  & roosevelt stadium in jersey. i think that dca in penn is gettig real stale. dca needs a change because they have been around the longest.

:rolleyes: If we are going for biggest crowds, I remember Baltimore's Memorial Stadium packed for Yankee Rebs shows. They packed em in in Providence RI for Matadors shows. I remember some large crowds at Hamilton Ont. and Guelph also. Lets get more ideas, this could be fun. B)

if any one wants my opinion i think dca should try rochester or jersey city. they had the biggist crowds in rochester  & roosevelt stadium in jersey. i think that dca in penn is gettig real stale. dca needs a change because they have been around the longest.

GREAT NEWS.....NOWHERE IN PA HAS A BID!!!

and that's the only way to get finals there...to submit a bid.

baltimore is a cool idea. camden yards would be good. i really think roosevelt stadium in jersey city would be great.

rochester crusaders...1967-1972,1975-1977,1980

i don't think dca finals would fly in canada

who knows? if someone submitted a bid for Canada, we'd know