Corps shows that you were skeptical about

The Cavaliers announcing spin cycle somewhere something said similar to last years original composition style. And I was like oh that's a shame. But I liked it much better than Frameworks but not one of my favorite shows though.

Phantom Regiment playing Canon in D, I was like... That's kickbutt but I couldn't imagine such a piano "background music" type of song being played by a drum corps. Then I saw them, and I DROOLED

The Cadets 2005, I was a little skeptical I thought it would just be random new age kind of music. After seeing it, I was blown away.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the crazy-go-nuts shows in 86 and 87 (outer space and the circus), when I heard Star of Indiana was doing Porgy and Bess in 1988, I immediately expected a big Catfish Row set and a double amputee emoting on the 50, pulling himself around on his goat cart. But I'll be hornswoggled if they didn't just play the music and kick it all over the place. One of the great mallet section performances ever, and the first show I ever heard that gave the snares and tenors equal voice (except maybe SCV 1980).

When I saw Cavies were playing Bond 04 I thought they were crazy. I was wrong.

In 2000 when Cadets scrapped Rocky Point to play Disney. I thought, NO WAY! I was wrong.

When My Devils picked Dance Derby this year I was .:huh:

We'll get them next year!

Edited by Sexyguardcap

Oh yeah when hearing that Cadets were going to play disney music I immediately thought oh man they're not going to win. I was soooo wrong. I saw their show and I just fell in absolute ecstacy with that show. All time favorites.

I bet a lot were skeptical as soon as they announced "disney". I just thought... High School ... Band...

But it was definitely a crowd favorite from beginning to end of the season.

When I saw Cavies were playing Bond 04 I thought they were crazy. I was wrong.

Agreed. I was expecting a cheese-fest, but I was happily surprised. I was a little skeptical about Madison playing Malaga in 04, I was again wrong. I was a LOT skeptical about 05 BD, and I was right.

When My Devils picked Dance Derby this year I was .:rolleyes:

We'll get them next year!

YOWZA YOWZA YOWZA, WAS WONDERING WHEN IT WOULD END. good thing it wasnt the cavies playing this show, there would only be couples of men dancing on the floor ladies and gentlemen. YOWZA YOWZA. can you believe they traded in the greatest hornline to set them up as background so that people who saw the show couldnt even remember who was playing other then the blue uniforms? YOWZA YOWZA YOWZA.

BD always had one of my favorite "sounds" it was like i couldnt hear them this year. :rolleyes:

When I saw the Cadets were playing Malaguena in 03, I thought about Madison and said Boy what a tough tough act to follow. The Cadets did a great job.