2005 Individual DVD's

<**> Looked at DCI's site and they are promoting 2005 Individual DVD's and couldn't see Bluecoats as available....thought they had the Issue taken care of....any updates? Would be sad if they couldn't get on the dvd's after finishing 5th and will this affect their appearance on EPSN?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

happened to KK in 2003.

~>conner

You also cannot buy any 2005 Bluecoats APDs on Season Pass...

Strange.

i know kiwanis was because of copyright law, but i must have missed out on the story with coats - why is there no media for them?

Here's the previous thread that talks about the Bluecots copyright issue...

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.org/forums//ind...opic=67833&st=0

I find it interesting that several corps have used his music in the past (including the Bluecoats in 2003) and we are having problems with it just now. Unless it just deals with APD's and not CD's/DVD's, which was mentioned in the thread.

Here's the previous thread that talks about the Bluecots copyright issue...

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.org/forums//ind...opic=67833&st=0

I find it interesting that several corps have used his music in the past (including the Bluecoats in 2003) and we are having problems with it just now.  Unless it just deals with APD's and not CD's/DVD's, which was mentioned in the thread.

thanks, i hadn't seen that old thread.

Since the ESPN2 broadcast will likely not include complete shows except for the Cadets (the format for the last few years), a portion of the Bluecoats show without the music in question will be shown. There are Bluecoat video clips up on Season Pass, just not the full APDs. Would they show only a portion of the Bluecoats show on the DVDs? Not good, but an option.

Of course, my initial reaction on hearing about all of this is ... considering all of the sources that DCI corps apparently *CAN* get permission from (incl. Bjork, Sarah MacLachlan, le Cirque du Soleil, "Wicked," and even other modern composers like Joseph Curiale), what makes whomever holds the copyrights to Stephen Melillo's music think that *HE* is so special? Maybe I'm being unfair and maybe I don't understand the issue, but that's the first thought I had.