Madison Scouts 2006

What type of show would you like to see Madison do next year?

I think they should do something all original

and very dark and powerful...with a

burn-your-face-off ending that leaves

the audience gasping.

What do you think?

Oh.....finally thought of a show that the Madison Scouts can play that is a TOTALLY original idea.......(Its a little bias on my part.....)

"Happy 60th Anniversary to the Hawthorne Caballeros"

tons of great spanish/latin material to choose from........Madison playing Pictures of Spain would be INCREDIBLE.....

Triple Forte

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh.....finally thought of a show that the Madison Scouts can play that is a TOTALLY original idea.......(Its a little bias on my part.....)

"Happy 60th Anniversary to the Hawthorne Caballeros"

tons of great spanish/latin material to choose from........Madison playing Pictures of Spain would be INCREDIBLE.....

Triple Forte

Oohh..now there's an idea.

Me likey. :)

I'm liking a lot of these suggestions.

I think my favorite were on the first few pages.  Definitely Arturo Sandoval would be a great way to go.  Those charts can pack some energy, and definitely would be a great way to show off that Madison "vibe".  Chick Corea charts would be another really great way to go, especially unused stuff from My Spanish Heart and Spanish Fantasy.

I've been pulling for more Don Ellis, so I liked hearing that suggestion.  Tracks like Antea, Arcturus, Lyra, Eros, Great Divide, Future Feature, How's This for Openers, and Tears of Joy would be great.  One thing about Don Ellis is his orchestra always played with so much energy, those tracks would fit Madison perfectly!

But how about this:  picture Madison playing the soundtrack from the Incredibles.  I have, and I'm drooling.  It's got a very Gordon Goodwin-esque feel to it, which would be another great direction for Madison to go.

So there's my votes.  Any one of those artists, or a combination of, would be great to see on the field.

It feels like Gordon Goodwin because Gordon Goodwin helped arrange the music....I would like to see them do a show like that too...or is they just played some Gordon Goodwin music that would be cool too.

It's a no-brainer -- "The Music of Wojciech Kilar and Henryk Gorecki."  Drum corps music shouldn't be fun and accessible.

<just kidding>

I was about ready to post a bunch of angry stuff....until I saw that you were kidding........

I think they should return the compliment and call their show, "My Favorite Things" and play some Bernstein.

Naaah, no need. There's already been one fairly successful Garfield Cadets tribute show recently -- the 2002 Seattle Cascades.

It's a no-brainer -- "The Music of Wojciech Kilar and Henryk Gorecki." 

You know Dan, for a sentence there you were my new best friend. I'd be pumped to hear that a corps was playing that for their show! ^OO^

You know they could do some really old stuff like, oh, I don't know...

Great Escape

Bully - This could be done really well!

Rio - I Think that this would be great!

Bohemian Rhapsody

New World Symphony - Just Kidding!

Hey! Stop the presses! They could do an all Christmas show! Yeah! That's the ticket! It could be titled "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Christmas!"

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer

Silent Night - Ballad

Sleigh Ride - Percussion Feature

12 Days of Christmas

If they open with a fluer de lis it could then transform into a ...

are you ready for this...

a...

a...

Christmas Tree!

That would rock! No wait Jingle Bell Rock!

Or do an all Motley Crue show! Just think of the possibilities!

Girls, Girls, Girls

Dr. Feelgood

Home, Sweet, Home

Or an all AC/DC show

####'s Bells - Opener

Shook Me All Night Long

Dirty Deeds

Highway to ####

Whole Lotta Rosie

Thunderstruck

Percussion Feature - Big Balls? Yes? No?

What do you think?