The one thing you do not miss about tour.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the drum bus.. i miss falling asleep to drumming.. i miss everyone in the corp.. i miss trying to ignore the drum majors as they woke us up.... I miss my seat partner sleeping all up on me until my body was half numb.... I miss having 2 hours (sometimes 1 45...) to eat ..shower.. pack everything load it... do my hair.. do my make up and still have time to go to dunkin dounuts... I miss allentown...I miss the man song :(

What I DONT miss..

-waking up at 3 am to go into a school

-Warm up... i hated warm up (although the guard always made it fun)

-Bus cleaning in our bus... We had very high maintanance drummers that liked it swept 24/7

-spin block

- the hardest chunk for the flags.. R1 to the end...

-When all the girls got all pms ee

-waking up at 8am to stretch..

Fiiiiine..maybe i do miss all taht.. i miss it all!!! :(

Awful, hideous, horrible shower conditions. I could put up with everything else.

Being brutally awakened in the morning after not enough sleep.

Those two hours on show days to eat, get uniform off the truck, use bathroom, shower, brush teeth, polish horn, pack, load the bus, and be in my seat ready to go. That was the most stressful time of day for me. It just never seemed like enough time!

Rehearsing blind because we're facing right into the setting sun.

Eating as much as I could possibly cram into my face at lunch and still being hungry 15 minutes into rehearsal!

And the biggest one of all... Marching three quarters of the season with a pulled groin on both sides!! Happened to me both years I marched. :sshh:

But really, I miss it all!! :worthy: :P

putting our ### in the grass. really dry, crappy fields where you blow you nose after rehersal and it's black. really hot showers, i don't mind the really cold ones. hearing "good morning, we're in (insert any city in the south)". the air being broken on the bus and temps of 112 on the bus. otherwise, i can't wait to start again. bring it on.