The Passing of a Kiltie

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My families thoughts and prayers are with the Lothar family.

May he rest in peace.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Joel and his family.

I would like to offer our sincere sympathies and condolences on behalf of the Blue Star Alumni Association. We were quite shocked and sadden by this news. It is amazing how the impact of news like this has on our community. Lothar had a big family that reached far within Drum Corps and we share in the grief along side our Kiltie brothers and sisters.

We do have a thread dedicated in memory of Joel. The following is a memory from 1980 that was submitted by a fellow alum which much pretty sums up the humor of what made us fond of him:

“He was a GREAT guy, and very funny. I remember one time we were boarding a bus to drive to a show somewhere, and Wolffie(Don Wolf) remarked: "I love drum corps.......you're either sleeping, eating, or working your a-- off!

Joel's remark? "Well, that being said, why am I HERE then???"!!”

My personal memories of Lothar deals with marching along side of him with the Kilties in 2003. I always knew where he was on the field by the intensity in which he played. This same intensity was exhibited in his personality. He loved life and always had joke or smile when things where tough.

FCO and WWBD.

John Perdzock on behalf of the Blue Stars Alumni Association.

Its amazingly wonderful to read that Joel will be remembered as a phenomenal musician, an incredible chef, and a beloved friend ... because his magnanimous nature had those precious qualities and His zest for life should be celebrated.

For me, i'll remember him as a love that was sometimes wonderful and sometimes mischievous; but always passionate and never doubted.

all my prayers - jennifer

being on the feild as this happened, we as a corps seriously felt for you guys and many of our members where crying. The Crusaders feel deeply for your lost...

All of the LakeShoremen feel the loss within the Kiltie's and throughout the drum corps activity. Prayers go out to all whom this tragedy has affected.

Thank you to the Kilties for showing tremendous heart during that trying evening. Being in the stands, sympathy was felt by all and admiration for the courage and commitment to him that was displayed. Bless You and best wishes for the future.

Duane Jones

Rochester Crusaders

LakeShoremen

My sincere condolences to his loved ones and the Kilties organization. May he rest in peace.

As, most likely, the only member of Shenandoah Sound currently home and with internet access. I would like to speak on behalf of Shenandoah Sound that we offer our deepest condolences. Life truly is fragile as members from the corps we loved such as Hanover Lancers and with them losing Posie in Havre De Grace, to what occurred around just over 24 hours ago. In the way that only everyone ever in a drum corps may feel and in the tradition from all corps that no person, who has stepped on that field..... will walk alone. For all members of drum and bugle corps are a member of a very proud and long standing tradition. The tradition of you walking onto that field, and you perform with, and against, the best of the world in the effort to not only entertain the judges, but to entice the fans and you fellow marchers. Again, I say this, on behalf of Shenandoah Sound Drum and Bugle Corps. We offer our condolences and remember for yourself and for the past and future marchers, "No marcher, weather past, present or future, will ever..... walk alone."

Edited by Percussion827