Official DCA Open Class Finals Discussion Thread

George

Call me a "younge pharte", but why on earth would they penalize you for trooping the stands?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Bucs......Job well done

YES!!!! Finally the trophy comes back to the Commonwealth!!!!! OK, next challenge for Reading; the challenge that was not done in any measure by the last great Pennsylvania corps: Defend the title. Don't fall out of the top 5 the next year then fold up like a house of cards due to mismanagement.........

Cabs (its gonna be close between CV and Cabs...)

Actually it was close in most captions in prelims with CV in 8th in percussion, effect and brass.

In prelims, CV brass bested Cabs in ensemble brass and was only a tick away from 7th in total brass.

Will be interesting to see the recaps for finals.

Congratulations to all the corps on a great season. Congratulations to the Reading Bucanneers and Chops, Inc. on their respective championships.

Always remember....

How much is corn in Reading, PA?

oh about a Buck-an-ear.....!!!!!

:P

Call me a "younge pharte", but why on earth would they penalize you for trooping the stands?

Well the corps Pits were comming in on there right side Reading was setting up to come in on the right. Bush should have gone off to there left and they would not have been able to troop the stands. Why they did only sombody from the corps can say. Great show for Bush and the Bucks were on Fire tonight they wanted it and went for it.

Thanks to DCP for spotting us some bandwidth. We clearly didn't anticipate the crush of traffic for the scores, and George offered to host our scores page temporarily on DCP's new server. We were able to post the scores on the web site as they were being announced, and experienced no delays. Thanks again.

(Good thing I had a copy of Dreamweaver with me at the stadium and could whip up a basic scores page in a hurry!)

The recaps are now posted. www.dcacorps.org/scores.html

Well the corps Pits were comming in on there right side Reading was setting up to come in on the right. Bush should have gone off to there left and they would not have been able to troop the stands. Why they did only sombody from the corps can say. Great show for Bush and the Bucks were on Fire tonight they wanted it and went for it.

Word from a reliable source in Scranton says that Bush was instructed by an unknown DCA official to go right. IMO, the official should own up to it and the penalty should be rescinded. The corps was complying with a direction by an official.

Garry

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Thanks to DCP for spotting us some bandwidth. We clearly didn't anticipate the crush of traffic for the scores, and George offered to host our scores page temporarily on DCP's new server. We were able to post the scores on the web site as they were being announced, and experienced no delays. Thanks again.

(Good thing I had a copy of Dreamweaver with me at the stadium and could whip up a basic scores page in a hurry!)

The recaps are now posted. www.dcacorps.org/scores.html

Our pleasure - glad it helped!