My worst fears about the ESPN2 broadcast...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A square a is a rectangle, but not the other way around.

Same token....

a drumcorps IS in fact a type of band, but not all bands are drumcorps....no matter what crazy idea has been implanted in your heads over the years.

Yeah band is a four letter word, but I think it's kind of immature to worry about what people call drumcorps. It might not be a halftime marching band, but it is a TYPE of marching band. We just have a fancy name for it.

I hope that they show some of the Div 2,3 championships.  Those kids work just as hard, spend as much money and really just deserve it.

Yes, but there are only TWO hours to work with.

Yes, but there are only TWO hours to work with.

Heck, all I'm hoping in that regard is that D2/3 gets a couple sentences. Just mention that other divisions exist and that the corps seen on the broadcast are the top-tier of an activity that includes dozens of units.

Besides, they used to give D2/3 a little bit of time back in the 80s and 90s, including brief highlights of the champs, and they only had TWO hours to work with back then, too.

GET OVER IT.  ^0^  ^0^  ^0^

Really, though...It doesn't matter one bit what others call it.  It is still drumcorps.  It is very similar to marching band, anyway...

Don't be a "drumcorps elitist". <**>

If someone kept calling you Joe instead of your real name Jeff.....would it bother you at all ???

Triple Forte

If someone kept calling you Joe instead of your real name Jeff.....would it bother you at all ???

Triple Forte

:worthy: LMAO quote of the day! :blink:

Triple Forte

yes, in fact it bothers me.

I get called Collin all the time, and I never correct people, because I am that standoffish.

It makes me feel unrecognized, and unimportant. I hate the feeling.

that was a really good point.

~>conner

So here's what I got to say to this.

I think they have it listed and promated as band to get the attention of band students... that's the whole point. Everyone goes on and complain about how so many corps have folded in the last 2 decades. Here's the chance to recruit more people in the activity and maybe get some more corps going.

Like someone stated before, Drum Corps is a type of band, it's a brass band with Drums. And there's kids out there who know what Drum Corps is, but still look at it like it's marching band because they see people with instruments on a football field playing music.