Favorite musical performance

Galen

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1984 Glassmen

Wow, someone remebers 84 Glassmen, or do you have a tape of the show? If you have a tape, please PM me.

As to the question, my fav non-finalist show, Oakland Crusaders 78. Obviously the sharpie who said Muchachos 75 had another good choice that flew over all our heads.

I also liked Del 71 and Optimists 72 & 75, actually there are a lot of Del years that stand up musically.

I also liked to listen to Black Knights 74, Boston Crusaders 78 & 79, 76 Marquis and Kingsmen, 78 Garfield.

I'm sure I'm missing many other great musical books from the 70s.

Regards,

John Swartz

added later: I had an oh crap moment when I realized I misssed the obvious corps and year - Oaklands 77.

Edited by sarnia sam

Madison 2002

Seattle Cascades 2004

Can't think of much else, havn't seen many non-finalists :(

I will try an think of more when I am not so darned tired :worthy:

• 5 months later...
esutheprairiedog,

I've posted on other forums a couple of times claiming that the Osage Precisionnaires' show from '75 and '76 were way cool. I'm glad to see someone else recognizes that and I'm not the Lone Ranger. I'll add a disclaimer that I was NOT a member, but rather thought it was pretty cool to see a drum corps playing Tower of Power and Santana at a time when most people thought Tower of Power was some sort of nuclear generating station.

Boom

I marched in Osage in 1976, it was pretty Kool music... :worthy:

I have MP3's of both years and play them often...

esutheprairiedog,

I've posted on other forums a couple of times claiming that the Osage Precisionnaires' show from '75 and '76 were way cool. I'm glad to see someone else recognizes that and I'm not the Lone Ranger. I'll add a disclaimer that I was NOT a member, but rather thought it was pretty cool to see a drum corps playing Tower of Power and Santana at a time when most people thought Tower of Power was some sort of nuclear generating station.

Boom

I joined the corps on tour in 76 after the Glassmen folded. Even though I was a mellophone player and they stuck a contra in my hands, that was about the coolest show I ever marched! Squib Cakes and You're Still A Young Man form T.O.P.' plus the Weather Report and Santana stuff, that show was ahead of it's time! Too bad the full corps didn't have about one more week in that season!

SW10056.jpg

On with the SouthWind appreciation:

1992 "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves"

2005 "A Distorted Imagination"

That 2005 show was coming on. They must have leaped over about 5 corps. Given another week or two they might have made finals the way they were coming on.

I also loved the 2005 Crossmen "Crossroad"

Jim

Edited by MUSICandCHARACTER

I joined the corps on tour in 76 after the Glassmen folded. Even though I was a mellophone player and they stuck a contra in my hands, that was about the coolest show I ever marched! Squib Cakes and You're Still A Young Man form T.O.P.' plus the Weather Report and Santana stuff, that show was ahead of it's time! Too bad the full corps didn't have about one more week in that season!

Haha, so that's what the sidenote in your signature meant? I was kind of wondering about that; pretty interesting.