The “real” reasons Bush messed up

The Oz

The real reasons Bush made the mistake of trooping the stands:

- They thought it was the shortest route to the Stadium Club.

- The two guys at the front of the line were four pages behind in the drill and were attempting to hit their spots for the ending.

- They were confused by the command “mark time, mark”; since no one marks time any more.

- Too many Yuenglings the night before.

- The drum majors gave the command “forward march” in Russian, which sounds amazingly like “troop the stands” in English.

- The two guys at the front of line, having been shot down by all of the babes in their guard, wanted to check out the Buccaneer’s guard.

- With 47 designers, coordinators, technicians, chair people, managers, directors, and pit schleppers on the staff, no one knew who was in charge of leaving the field.

- Knowing his corps needed the help, an Empire alumnus, cleverly disguised in a polyester sport coat, golf shirt, and one of those silly-looking garrison hats, misdirected them.

Just in the case you’re humor impaired; it’s meant to be in jest. Really.

OK, so I don't care if you all stopped taking bout this but I feel offended.

Sohere goes - I was in front of our corps coming off the field and A) I'm a girl, B) I can't drink, C) at least we know what our DM's are saying even if you don't D) we are all young enough to still retain our hearing so if someone had said Mark Time; Mark we would have heard it, E) we weren't on our way to the Stadium Club because if you hadn't noticed, we were in uniform and we have some class and don't drink in uniform, F) no one outside of the members of the corps gave any kind of direction for us, G) I've been doing this for 3 years now, I don't think I was four pages behind the rest of the corps.

Edited by BushBari5

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real reasons Bush made the mistake of trooping the stands:

- They thought it was the shortest route to the Stadium Club.

- The two guys at the front of the line were four pages behind in the drill and were attempting to hit their spots for the ending.

- They were confused by the command “mark time, mark”; since no one marks time any more.

- Too many Yuenglings the night before.

- The drum majors gave the command “forward march” in Russian, which sounds amazingly like “troop the stands” in English.

- The two guys at the front of line, having been shot down by all of the babes in their guard, wanted to check out the Buccaneer’s guard.

- With 47 designers, coordinators, technicians, chair people, managers, directors, and pit schleppers on the staff, no one knew who was in charge of leaving the field.

- Knowing his corps needed the help, an Empire alumnus, cleverly disguised in a polyester sport coat, golf shirt, and one of those silly-looking garrison hats, misdirected them.

Just in the case you’re humor impaired; it’s meant to be in jest. Really.

You know ........ maybe the rules should be changed..... after all the audience appreciation is the only pay most of us get and it allows them to see the performers up close ..... I can't see where it would take any more time ..... most corps enter back feild anyway...... any thoughts ..... as a corps member in (other years) .... my vote is for trooping the stands

You know ........ maybe the rules should be changed..... after all the audience appreciation is the only pay most of us get and it allows them to see the performers up close ..... I can't see where it would take any more time ..... most corps enter back feild anyway...... any thoughts ..... as a corps member in (other years) .... my vote is for trooping the stands

I agree. I think I'll start a poll. Thanks

i thought one of the main reasons wasn't the time factor as much as the extra micing, cameras, tropies and people that are down there for pre-lims and finals.

Sohere goes - I was in front of our corps coming off the field and A) I'm a girl, B) I can't drink, C) at least we know what our DM's are saying even if you don't D) we are all young enough to still retain our hearing so if someone had said Mark Time; Mark we would have heard it, E) we weren't on our way to the Stadium Club because if you hadn't noticed, we were in uniform and we have some class and don't drink in uniform, F) no one outside of the members of the corps gave any kind of direction for us, G) I've been doing this for 3 years now, I don't think I was four pages behind the rest of the corps.

A) Who can tell with horn member unis (guard yes, horn line no)

C) DA!!! LMAO

D) WHAT???? Mark Twain what???

G) Only if you were four pages behind in reading the program coming off the field.

If you are offended by what I posted just let me know via this thread or PM. Oz and I are "Old School" enough to know that a good ribbing comes after an "Ooops" or "Oh ####" on the field. (Been there, done that). I was at Finals and really enjoyed the show. And I am totally with SillySop - I miss corps trouping the stands and REALLY miss hearing street beats that last longer than 30 seconds.

Leanne!! This whole thread is a JOKE. Lighten up, Francis.

Nobody is really talking about YOU.

I get jokes.

I get jokes.

I get a numb rear end from sitting thru about a dozen Mini Corps, 26 Prelim corps, 9 Alumnis and 13 Finals corps.

AND LOVE EVERY SECOND OF IT!!!!!!

(And I have practice Sunday :) )

Tina - "I get jokes" is an old DCP saying.

Usually people type that when they're joking about something, and the next person gets offended, because they didn't understand that it was a joke. 

Another reason we messed up, is because Tina doesn't get jokes. :P

i may not be on DCP a lot, but i get jokes.

i find playing dumb humorous sometimes... so i think it is you, sir, that does not get jokes.