• 3. 1966-1971
    • 4. 1972-1976
    • 5. 1977-1981
    • 6. 1982-1986
    • 7. 1987-1991
    • 8. 1992-1996
    • 9. 1997-2002
    • 10. I saw my first show in the last 3 years

1963 Wisconsin State Amercan Legion Championship in Madison; that was my first. The first corps that I saw was the Racine Kilties and boy was I impressed. I had not ever seen anything like it. I was bowled over by the precision, especially the snares. Its interesting to note that of all of the junior corps there that night, I believe only the Madison Scouts are still active in junior corps competition.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, this is my first post at DCP, though< I have ben reading it for a while!!!! My first show I saw was in 2003 at my high school. Jersey Surf was at our high school and was practicing while our band camp was going on. For fact, one of the staff members at surf works with the band I am in. My first full show was in 2004 at Giants stadium, and prior to that, I had seen all these corps on video. To see them live was amazing. I have seen many shows since.

nightbeat 2004.

I'm a youngin. Sorry guys.

~>conner

1969 Shriners International in Toronto. Saw Troopers do their sunburst & I was hooked for life! :)

I was born in July of 1960, and family history says I was at my first show in Racine Wisc. in August of that year in my Moms arms.(AAAAWWWWWW)

My Dad was a member and instructor of the Maumee Demons Senior Corps(Who gave birth to the Glassmen as the Maumee Suns in 61) and they were in competition.

The first show I actually remember would be a G.L.D.C.A. show at the Lucas County Rec Center (Toledo) in 66. :)

Can't say when my FIRST show was...probably somewhere in the midwest in 1961, sitting in my grandmother's lap, and listening to my Uncle Dennis, who was a Cavaliers sop soloist...

But my first FINALS was VFW Nats in Miami in 1961...